Jacob Grubb, I
Facts and Events
Jacob Grubb was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Land Acquisition in Augusta County:
- Page 40 - Jacob Grubb, a tract of land, North side of the Peaked Mountain on a Branch of Smiths Creek. Adjoining Harrison, Grub, his own land. May 3, 1765. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 16].
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 433.--22d June, 1769. Jacob Grub and Barbara ( ) to Daniel Grub, £20, on Smith's Creek, part of 250 acres patented to Jacob Grub, 25th September, 1762. Delivered.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 59.--18th November, 1767. John Harrison's estate settlement, recorded--Cash paid Iowel (Joel) Roboson, Thomas Wales. Sold, viz: to John Nedomtoone, John McDonnald, Alex. McDonald, Robert Dickey, Joseph English, John Needham, Jacob Decoson, Jacob Grub, Joseph Langdon, Danl. Prentice, Danl. Ponder, Jonathan Langdon, Jacob Peters.
- Page 282.--20th March, 1770. John Colley's estate settled, by Christopher Ermentrout--Paid Valentine Butcher, Paul Shover, Jacob Goodman, Ludwick Fridley, Peter Hole, Jacob Grub, Jacob Fred. Couters, Michl. Hornbeck, Anthony Hornbeck, Mary Colly, Elizabeth Colly, Wm. Glassgo, Susannah Powers; paid Elizabeth Glassgow the specific legacies due by the will of her deceased husband.
- Page 462.--11th August, 1775. Sale at vendue of Elizabeth Harmantrout's estate at the house of Philip Harmantrout--sold to, viz: Peater Armantrout, Henry Kiser, Edward Mold, David Harned, Charles Dever, Henry Coler, Jacob Grub, David Jarvin (Garvin?), John Rush, Robt. Sanpils, little Geo. Armantrout. Martin Grider, John Padon (Patton), Geo. Hinton, Chas. Shuls, Peter Nicolas, Thomas Alderson.
- Page 398.--22d November, 1775. Recorded. Elizabeth Armentrout's appraisement by David Harned, George Carpenter, Jacob Grub.
- Page 1 - John Freazer, 62 acres, Adjoining Grubbs, William Hooks, Mathew Thompson, Kerrs. April 11, 1780. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 97].
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 GenCircles, Jim Schultz - firstname.lastname@example.org, 14 Jun 2006, Primary quality.