Jacob Clements, of the Calfpasture, Augusta County, VA
d.1 SEP 1759 Augusta County, Virginia
m. BEF 1732
Facts and Events
Jacob Clements was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land in Orange County, VA Records
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
Will of Jacob Clements
From Chalkley's Augusta County, Virginia abstracts:
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
Information on Jacob Clements
Descendants of Jacob Clements Generation No. 1
1. Jacob1 Clements was born 1702, and died 01 Sep 1759 in Augusta Co., VA. He married (1) Mary Campbell Bef. 1744, daughter of William Campbell and Sarah Gay. She was born Bef. 1729. He married (2) Mary Gillham Aft. 1754, daughter of Thomas Gillham and Mary Meade. She was born Abt. 1735.
Notes for Jacob Clements: Written in some accounts as Jacob Clemons.
Jacob Clements' will was probated 21 Nov 1759, Augusta Co., VA. Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens) descends from an Augusta / Rockbridge Co. family of Ezekiel Clements. No link has yet been proven.
CHRONICLES OF THE Scotch-Irish Settlement IN VIRGINIA EXTRACTED FROM THE ORIGINAL COURT RECORDS OF AUGUSTA COUNTY 1745-1800 ABSTRACTS OF WILLS OF AUGUSTA COUNTY, VIRGINIA. AUGUSTA COUNTY COURT. WILL BOOK NO. 2. ADDITIONAL MEMBERS OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE. page 55 Page 337.--1st September, 1759. Jacob Clements' will--Wife; youngest children, Ruth, Isabella Clements; three daughters, Ann Burnet, Mary McKnight, Rachel Barnet; daughter, Sarah Clements; five daughters, Margaret, Elizabeth, Rebecca, Ruth, Isabel Clements. Executors, Thos. Gillham, James Campbell. Teste: Andrew Hamilton, Robert Lockridge, Thomas Lloyd. Proved, 21st November, 1759, by Lockridge and Hamilton. Executors qualify, with Andrew Hamilton and Robert Lockridge.
CHRONICLES OF THE Scotch-Irish Settlement IN VIRGINIA EXTRACTED FROM THE ORIGINAL COURT RECORDS OF AUGUSTA COUNTY 1745-1800 ABSTRACTS OF WILLS OF AUGUSTA COUNTY, VIRGINIA. AUGUSTA COUNTY COURT. WILL BOOK NO. 2. ADDITIONAL MEMBERS OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE. page 56 Page 351.--11th March, 1760. Jacob Clements' appraisement, by Andw. Lockridge, Robt. Gay, Robt. Bratton.
I forced the dates of the daughters to meet the only possible dates for this family line to work. It is possible the daughters are in order in the father's will, and that the dates should be consecutive.
Drumaboden, Ulster, Ireland was once listed as the birthplace of this Jacob Clements. I do not recall the source, and doubt it was correct.
Memo: 5 generations
Children of Jacob Clements and Mary Campbell are:
Notes for Samuel Barnet:
Moved to Logan Co., KY before 1759.
3 ii. Mary Clements, born Bef. 1744; died Bef. 03 Feb 1796. She married James McKnight Bef. 1759.
Notes for Mary Clements:
Moved to Laurens Co. SC.
4 iii. Rachel Clements, born Bef. 1755 in Augusta Co., VA. She married [Unknown] Barnet.
5 iv. Margaret Clements, born Bef. 1755. She married Samuel Davidson; born Bef. 1755.
Notes for Margaret Clements:
Moved to Buncombe Co., NC by 1795.
Notes for Samuel Davidson:
This Samuel Davidson is probably in my file elsewhere, unlinked. The compiler of this file has an ancestor Samuel Davidson, and is aware of at least two others at the same time, in the same locations.
6 v. Elizabeth Clements, born Bef. 1755. She married Francis Erwin.
Notes for Elizabeth Clements:
Resided Rockingham Co., VA by 1795.
+ 7 vi. Rebecca Clements, born Abt. 1742 in Augusta Co., VA; died Jul 1822 in Butler Co., KY.
+ 8 vii. Ruth Clements, born 04 Jan 1756 in Augusta Co., VA; died 13 Jan 1788 in Burke Co., NC.
9 viii. Isabella Clements, born Bef. 1755. She married William Hamilton.
Notes for Isabella Clements:
Moved to Greenbrier Co., VA (later WV) in 1796.
+ 10 ix. Sarah Clements, born Abt. 1740 in Augusta Co., VA; died in Wilkes Co., GA.
Generation No. 2 7. Rebecca2 Clements (Jacob1 ) was born Abt. 1742 in Augusta Co., VA, and died Jul 1822 in Butler Co., KY. She married (1) Benjamin Haws Abt. 1761 in Augusta Co., VA, son of Benjamin Haws. He was born Abt. 1740 in Scotland, and died Abt. 1766 in prob. Burke Co., NC. She married (2) James Forgey 1780 in Burke Co., NC, son of Samuel Forgey and Sarah [Unknown]. He was born 1752 in Ireland, and died 23 May 1828 in Logan Co., Ky.
Notes for Rebecca Clements: Resided Buncombe Co., NC in 1795.
Walter Penrose, a descendant of Rebecca, has a great web site at http://www.penrose.org/ and provided many of these descendants. (Feb. 2000)
Notes for Benjamin Haws: Was he born in Wales? There is no conclusive evidence linking him with his presumed father.
Children of Rebecca Clements and Benjamin Haws are:
+ 12 ii. Samuel Haws, born 1764 in Burke Co., NC.
+ 13 iii. Jacob Haws, born Abt. 1766 in Burke or Rowan Co., NC; died 09 Oct 1813 in IL.
Children of Rebecca Clements and James Forgey are:
+ 14 i. James Thomas3 Forgey, born 1781 in Burke Co., NC; died 1841.
15 ii. Ezekiel Forgey, born 1783 in Burke Co., NC. He married Elizabeth Neill 27 Feb 1815; born Abt. 1765.
Notes for Elizabeth Neill:
The dates for this Elizabeth Neill are suspicious. She may be the grand-daughter of the reported parents.
16 iii. Cynthia Forgey, born 1785 in Burke Co., NC. She married John Neill 30 Oct 1799 in Logan Co., KY; born 1757 in Rowan Co., NC; died 03 May 1828 in Logan Co., KY.
17 iv. Matilda Forgey, born 1788 in Burke Co., NC; died Abt. 1807.
18 v. Samuel Clements Forgey, born 18 Oct 1791 in Burke Co., NC; died 1830 in Logan Co., Ky. He married Elizabeth C. Scott 29 Sep 1818; born 1803 in NC; died 1863 in Cole Co., IL.
8. Ruth2 Clements (Jacob1 ) was born 04 Jan 1756 in Augusta Co., VA, and died 13 Jan 1788 in Burke Co., NC. She married John Davidson 05 Sep 1770, son of John Davidson and Jane [Unknown]. He was born 1744 in Augusta Co., VA, and died 25 Feb 1825 in Maury Co., TN. Notes for John Davidson: His father resided Chestnut Level, Lancaster Co., PA, and moved to Augusta Co., VA adjacent Tinkling Springs Presbyterian Church, where the names John Davison and Samuel Davison are listed as original "contributors" to its construction. In 1748 his father resided Iredell Co., NC. In 1807 John, known as "One-Eyed John" and / or "Columbia John" lived near Columbia, Maury Co., TN. 16 Jul 1751 was one recorded birthdate, which would make him born in NC. John Davidson, son of George Davidson and Margaret Ware, is recorded as born that date.
Quoted from a DAR submission: "John Davidson received a grant of land in Tennessee for his service as private, North Carolina Line. He was born in Rowan County, N. C. [note: not necessarily so] ; died in Maury County, Tenn."
On September 16, 1820 the Tennessee General Assembly reaffirmed John Davison's grant of 5,000 acres (Maury County Deed Book H, Entry 455.) Another entry (Book J) made three weeks after the above reads in part: ". . . the same John Davidson, for the natural love and affection which he hath and doth bear unto his son John Osimus Davisdson, and more especially for an din consideration of the sum of five shillings, does give 800 acres on Little Tombigby Creek and part of the same John Davidson's 5000 acre survey. Witnesses, Vincent Ridley and E. E. Davidson." [Note: Vincent Ridley is also an uncle to Mark Freeman though his mom; John Osimus Davidson is a grandather on his father's line.]
Old John Davidson (I) had already apportioned his land among his children: 466 acres to Whiteside when he married Ruth Malinda Clements Davidson; 900 acres to Ephriam Edward Davidson, 800 to John Osimus Davidson, plus 200 more to be administered for his stepmother, Francis Bateman (Benenoir, daughter of Revolutionary War soldier, Nathaniel Bateman); 400 to Paris Dooley, plus slaves for Cynthia, his daughter by Fanny Bateman; 120 acres to John Martin, husband of Mary.
On October 22, 1822 old John executed this deed:
. . . for natural love and affection, said John Davidson, hath and beareth unto the said Paris F. Dooley and also for the better maintenance, support, and livelihood of said Paris F. Dooley . . . 400 acres . . .
In December, 1822: For natural love and affection I bear for my son, John Osimus Davidson, I give the tract of land on which I now reside, containing 200 acres (reserving to myself the occupancy and entire benefit of said premises during my natural life) and also a comfortable residence to my beloved wife, Fanny Davidson, if she survives me, during her widowhood, to be secure from molestation or disturbance of any kind from the said John Osimus Davidson . . .
His will: IN THE NAME OF GOD, AMEN I John Davidson of the county of Maury and state of Tennessee being advanced of age and infirm but of sound mind and disposing memory do make and ordain this my last will and testament in manner and following first I wish my body to be buried at the discretion of my Executor, hereafter appointed, my worldly Estate to be divided as follows, to wit, My Negro man Condon I give and bequeath to him and his heirs forever to Ruth Clements Davidson, daughter of Ephriam Edward Davidson I give a Negro boy named Albert to her and her heirs forever to Richard Whiteside son of my daughter, Ruth Clements Davidson Whiteside, I give my Negro boy William to him and his heirs and assigns forever to my beloved wife Francis [sic] I give and bequeath my Negroes Chilsy a woman Randal a Negro boy and a Girl named Gady which three Negroes I will to her and her heirs forever as her right and to be at her disposal, to John G. Davidson, son of my son, Thomas Davidson, Dec'd I give and bequeath a horse worth 80 dollars to B. C. Davidson, son of my son Thomas Davidson I give and bequeath a sorrel cold now claimed by him all ballence [sic] of my property I wish sold by my Executors and one third of which I give and bequeath to my wife to her proper use and behoof forever. I further wish my Executors to pay over a legacy by me bequeathed to my Children, Grandchildren, and other legal heirs if any not named in this one dollar each as a full distributive share of my Estate I do further nominate and appoint my son, John O. Davidson and my son-in-law, Paris F. Dooley Executors to this my last will and testament. And having full confidence in their integrity and honesty no Security is required of them as such, and lest a misunderstanding should take place as to the ballence [sic] of my Estate in the hands of my Executors, my will is that after the legacies named in this will is paid the ballence [sic] after paying all my just debts are paid I wish divided equally between the heirs of Thomas Davidson in right of their father, Andrew Neeley and Jane, his wife; Ephraim Edward Davidson; John Osimus Davidson; Paris F. Dooley; and Cynthia, his wife, share and share alike. I do by this my last will and testament disannul and make void all former wills by me made declaring this and this alone to be my last will and testament. In testimony whereof I have hereto set my hand and seal this 15th day of June, 1824. Signed, sealed, and disclosed in presence of Joseph B. Porter, Jurat John Mathews, Jurat JOHN DAVIDSON
Two men are probably being confused with the descriptions "One-Eyed John" and "Columbia John". The story about a John D. Davidson marrying Nancy Brevard and being killed by Indians in 1781 is not about my ancestor. That other family is in my file, but the facts are in dispute. That John D. Davidson was probably born about 1750-1751. The subject here is likely "Columbia John," having lived and died in Columbia, Maury Co., TN.
Children of Ruth Clements and John Davidson are:
+ 20 ii. Jane Davidson, born 1774; died 1844 in Maury Co., TN.
+ 21 iii. Thomas Irwin Davidson, born 16 May 1776 in Rowan Co., NC; died 04 Jan 1824.
22 iv. Lydia Davidson, born 1783. She married (1) [Unknown] Carter. She married (2) [Unknown] Williams.
+ 23 v. Ephraim Edward Davidson, born 12 Feb 1785 in Burke Co., NC; died 22 Sep 1850 in College Hill, Lafayette, MS.
+ 24 vi. John Osimus Davidson, born 29 Jan 1790 in prob. Buncombe Co., NC; died 02 Dec 1856 in College Hill, Lafayette, MS.
+ 25 vii. Ruth Melinda Davidson, born 1792; died 1847.
10. Sarah2 Clements (Jacob1 ) was born Abt. 1740 in Augusta Co., VA, and died in Wilkes Co., GA. She married Ezekiel Gillham 04 Nov 1760 in poss. Rockbridge Co., VA, son of Thomas Gillham and Mary Meade. He was born Abt. 1732, and died Bef. 10 Jul 1800 in Lexington, Oglethorpe, GA. Notes for Sarah Clements: Moved to Greene Co., GA in 1790, and then to Wilkes Co., GA in 1795.
Notes for Ezekiel Gillham: Descendants of Ezekiel Gillham and Sarah Clements provided by Bob Erwin, iscre@@titan.cc.emory.edu
Children of Sarah Clements and Ezekiel Gillham are:
+ 27 ii. Edith Gilham, born 11 Jun 1786; died 27 Apr 1873 in Lincoln Co., TN.
Generation No. 3 11. John3 Hawes (Rebecca2 Clements, Jacob1 ) was born 1762 in Burke Co., NC, and died 22 Oct 1841 in prob. Butler Co., KY. He married Agnes 'Nancy' Hobbs 18 Aug 1797 in Logan Co., KY. She was born Abt. 1775.
Children of John Hawes and Agnes Hobbs are:
29 ii. Campbell Haws, born Abt. 1799 in Logan Co., KY. He married Nancy Brown 10 Feb 1825 in Butler Co., KY.
+ 30 iii. James F. Hawes, born 06 Jun 1803 in Logan Co., KY; died 1864 in prob. KY.
+ 31 iv. John Haws, Jr., born Abt. 1804 in Logan Co., KY.
32 v. Hamilton Haws, born Abt. 1806 in Logan Co., KY.
+ 33 vi. Minerva Ann Haws, born 19 Feb 1809 in Logan Co., KY; died 06 Feb 1858 in Butler Co., KY.
34 vii. Jacob C. Haws, born Abt. 1811 in Logan Co., KY. He married Sarah H. Read 01 Jul 1836 in Butler Co., KY.
+ 35 viii. Presley M. Hawes, born 1812.
36 ix. Samuel 'Saul' Haws, born Abt. 1815 in Butler Co., KY.
+ 37 x. Leander Haws, born 1819 in Butler Co., KY; died 29 Mar 1857 in Butler Co., KY.
+ 38 xi. Richard C. Haws, born Abt. 1822 in Butler Co., KY.
12. Samuel3 Haws (Rebecca2 Clements, Jacob1 ) was born 1764 in Burke Co., NC. He married (1) Ruth Garner. He married (2) Nancy Garner 30 Dec 1809 in Logan Co., KY. Children of Samuel Haws and Ruth Garner are:
40 ii. Benjamin Hawes, born Abt. 1799. He married Elizabeth Madden 14 Dec 1820 in Butler Co., KY.
41 iii. Rebecca Hawes, born Abt. 1797. She married Noah Hannok.
42 iv. Elizabeth Hawes, born Abt. 1800. She married Hosea Overall.
43 v. Samuel Hawes, born Abt. 1802. He married Nancy Brown 11 Feb 1825 in Butler Co., KY.
44 vi. Mary 'Polly' Hawes, born Abt. 1804.
Children of Samuel Haws and Nancy Garner are:
45 i. James4 Hawes, born Abt. 1810.
46 ii. John Hawes, born Abt. 1813.
13. Jacob3 Haws (Rebecca2 Clements, Jacob1 ) was born Abt. 1766 in Burke or Rowan Co., NC, and died 09 Oct 1813 in IL. He married Hannah Neill Abt. 08 Dec 1787 in Burke or Rowan Co., NC, daughter of William O'Neill and Mary Clinton. She was born Oct 1768 in Rowan Co., NC, and died 1855 in Orchardville, Wayne, IN. Notes for Jacob Haws: or did he die in Logan Co., KY?
Children of Jacob Haws and Hannah Neill are:
+ 48 ii. William Haws, born 27 Jul 1789 in Burke Co., NC; died 28 Apr 1845 in Ramus, McDonough, Hancock, IL.
49 iii. Archibald Haws, born 1790 in Burke Co., NC; died 1795 in Logan Co., KY.
50 iv. Clinton Haws, born 1792 in Burke Co., NC; died 1797 in Logan Co., KY.
+ 51 v. Rebecca Haws, born 13 Mar 1795 in Logan Co., KY; died 24 Sep 1857 in Orchardville, Wayne, IL.
52 vi. Mary Haws, born 1796 in Logan Co., KY; died 1806 in Logan Co., K
+ 53 vii. John Haws, born 23 Jul 1798 in Logan Co., Ky; died 11 Apr 1852 in Provo, Utah, UT.
+ 54 viii. Gilbreth Haws, born 10 Mar 1801 in Logan Co., KY; died 03 Mar 1877 in Provo, Utah, UT.
+ 55 ix. Lucretia Haws, born 22 Nov 1802 in Logan Co., KY; died 11 Feb 1876 in Heber City, Wasatch, UT.
56 x. James Haws, born Abt. 1803 in Logan Co., KY; died 1804 in Logan Co., KY.
+ 57 xi. Alney Haws, born 06 May 1805 in Logan Co., KY; died 21 Feb 1877 in Orchardville, Wayne, IL.
+ 58 xii. Alfred Haws, born 06 Sep 1807 in Logan Co., KY; died 1881.
+ 59 xiii. James Earlton Haws, born 06 Jan 1809 in Logan Co., KY.
60 xiv. Eliza Haws, born 09 Apr 1813 in Logan Co., KY; died 1908 in Orchardville, Wayne, IL. She married Adam Warren Abt. 1834 in Logan Co., KY; born 1813; died Bef. 1865 in Orchardville, Wayne, IL.
14. James Thomas3 Forgey (Rebecca2 Clements, Jacob1 ) was born 1781 in Burke Co., NC, and died 1841. He married Ellender Jenkins 06 Jan 1813 in Butler Co., KY. She was born 1781. Child of James Forgey and Ellender Jenkins is:
19. Mary3 Davidson (Ruth2 Clements, Jacob1 ) was born 1772. She married John Gaston Martin. He was born Abt. 1767. Children of Mary Davidson and John Martin are:
63 ii. Andrew Martin, born Abt. 1791.
64 iii. Ruth Martin, born Abt. 1793.
+ 65 iv. John Davidson Martin, born 1795; died 1860.
20. Jane3 Davidson (Ruth2 Clements, Jacob1 ) was born 1774, and died 1844 in Maury Co., TN. She married Andrew Neely Abt. 1810 in TN. Notes for Jane Davidson: resided on and died parental homestead Maury Co., TN
Child of Jane Davidson and Andrew Neely is:
21. Thomas Irwin3 Davidson (Ruth2 Clements, Jacob1 ) was born 16 May 1776 in Rowan Co., NC, and died 04 Jan 1824. He married Mary Kennard 30 Jun 1803 in NC. She was born Abt. 1771, and died 1844 in Natchez, Adams, MS. Notes for Mary Kennard: or Mary Kennedy
Children of Thomas Davidson and Mary Kennard are:
68 ii. John G. Davidson, born Aft. 1805.
+ 69 iii. Joseph Kennard Davidson, born 1806.
70 iv. B. C. Davidson, born Bef. 1810.
23. Ephraim Edward3 Davidson (Ruth2 Clements, Jacob1 ) was born 12 Feb 1785 in Burke Co., NC, and died 22 Sep 1850 in College Hill, Lafayette, MS. He married Mary Brank 22 Oct 1807 in Paint Lick, KY, daughter of Robert Brank and Margaret McLean. She was born 25 Dec 1789, and died 25 Dec 1864 in College Hill, Lafayette, MS. Notes for Ephraim Edward Davidson: abt 1837, resided Lafayette Co., MS
Children of Ephraim Davidson and Mary Brank are:
+ 72 ii. Ruth Clement Davidson, born Abt. 1815 in Maury Co., TN.
+ 73 iii. Dr. Junius Davidson, born 1825; died 1936 in Helena, AR.
+ 74 iv. Abram Whiteside Davidson, born 13 May 1822; died 1905.
+ 75 v. Rev. Edward G. Chaffin Davidson, born 17 Feb 1832; died 1883 in Oxford, MS.
+ 76 vi. Frank Davidson.
77 vii. George Washington Davidson, born 1829; died in Pilot Point, TX. He married (1) Mary McEwen; born Abt. 1834; died 1859. He married (2) [Unknown] McShan.
+ 78 viii. Margaret Tennessee Davidson, born Abt. 1814 in Maury Co., TN.
79 ix. Robert Brank Davidson, born Abt. 1816; died in Lafayette Co., MS.
+ 80 x. Curran Davidson, born 1823; died 1904.
24. John Osimus3 Davidson (Ruth2 Clements, Jacob1 ) was born 29 Jan 1790 in prob. Buncombe Co., NC, and died 02 Dec 1856 in College Hill, Lafayette, MS. He married Ruth Ragsdale 1814 in Hardeman Co., TN, daughter of Gabriel Ragsdale and Mary Davidson. She was born 18 Nov 1793 in NC, and died 16 Jun 1870 in College Hill, Lafayette, MS. Notes for John Osimus Davidson: About 1837, settled Lafayette Co., MS. He died of pneumonia, and was buried at College Hill near Oxford, Lafayette, MS
Notes for Ruth Ragsdale: Died of a congestive chill at Uncle Ed and Aunt Brank's. Buried College Hill, Oxford, Lafayette, MS.
Children of John Davidson and Ruth Ragsdale are:
+ 82 ii. John Calvin Davidson, born 05 Nov 1817 in Maury Co., TN; died 01 Oct 1871.
83 iii. Gabriel Ragsdale Davidson, born 04 Jan 1820 in Maury Co., TN; died 08 May 1872 in Whitesborough, Garson, TN. He married Fannie Cage; born Abt. 1825.
Notes for Gabriel Ragsdale Davidson:
Went to TX between 1850 and 1856. Did he return to TN?
84 iv. Helen Jane Davidson, born 05 May 1822; died Jul 1914. She married Dr. J. E. Frazier; born Abt. 1817.
Notes for Helen Jane Davidson:
resided Ft. Worth, Tarrant, TX
+ 85 v. Thomas Jefferson Davidson, born 16 Jul 1824 in Maury Co., TN; died 14 Apr 1874 in Water Valley, Yalobusha, MS.
86 vi. Samuel Newton Davidson, born 28 Nov 1826; died 15 Jan 1827.
87 vii. Albert Blount Davidson, born 02 Apr 1828 in Hardeman Co., TN; died 30 Jan 1873 in Water Valley, Yalobusha, MS. He married Helen Davidso
+ 88 viii. Ruth Elizabeth Davidson, born 25 Feb 1831 in Hardeman Co., TN; died 23 Sep 1912 in Brady, McCulloch, TX.
+ 89 ix. Sarah Brank Davidson, born 29 Oct 1833 in Maury Co., TN; died 06 Sep 1921 in College Hill, Lafayette, MS.
+ 90 x. Daniel Webster Davidson, born 13 Jan 1836 in Oxford, MS; died 1906.
91 xi. Pitzer Miller Davidson, born 05 Nov 1838 in Oxford, MS; died 20 Sep 1869 in Beulah, Bolivar, MS.
25. Ruth Melinda3 Davidson (Ruth2 Clements, Jacob1 ) was born 1792, and died 1847. She married (1) Abner Whitesides 04 Aug 1809. He was born Abt. 1788, and died 1822. She married (2) Col. Edwin Chaffin 1847. He was born 1791, and died 1847 in Columbia, TN. Notes for Abner Whitesides: name may be Dr. Abram Whitesides
Child of Ruth Davidson and Abner Whitesides is:
26. Jacob3 Gilham (Sarah2 Clements, Jacob1 ) was born 08 Aug 1761, and died Abt. 1840 in Maury Co., TN. He married Mary Greer Abt. 1790 in SC. Children of Jacob Gilham and Mary Greer are:
94 ii. Mary Gilham. She married Eli Taylor.
95 iii. Margaret Gilham. She married John Wylie.
+ 96 iv. Jane Gilham, born Abt. 1787 in SC; died Abt. 1866 in Lincoln Co., TN.
97 v. Thomas Gilham, born Aft. 1790.
+ 98 vi. Ezekiel Gilham, born Abt. 1793.
99 vii. Sarah Gilham.
100 viii. John Gilham.
27. Edith3 Gilham (Sarah2 Clements, Jacob1 ) was born 11 Jun 1786, and died 27 Apr 1873 in Lincoln Co., TN. She married William Lay Leigh 24 Jan 1803 in Oglethorpe Co., GA. He was born 19 Feb 1777, and died 15 Dec 1855 in Lincoln Co., TN. Child of Edith Gilham and William Leigh is: