Facts and Events
||to Margaret Leeper
Isiah Curry was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 111.--15th February, 1763. John Hair (Hear), Sr., and Mary (Marry) to Isaiah Curry, to, 90 acres on North River Shanando at a place called the Long Neck, formerly sold to John by Alex. Keyla, was patented to John Lusk. 13th June, 1755. Delivered: Isaiah Curry, January, 1766.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 196.--20th April, 1763. Isaiah Curry to George Martin, £31, 100 acres on South River Shannando, Christian Clemmans' land. Teste: Samuel Eastlake, John Henderson, George Trout.
Records of Isiah Curry in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 373.--10th June, 1760. James Laird, yeoman, to James Craig, yeoman, £60, 400 acres purchased by James from Wm. Downs, Smith's Creek; 600 years; mortgage. Signed David ( ) Laird. Recital of deed and acknowledgment says James Laird. Teste: Isaiah Curry. Delivered: Craig, May, '61.
- Page 436.--17th August, 1762. James Leeper, Jr., to his father, James Leeper, Cr., £100, on Naked Creek of North River Shanandore, patented to James Leeper, Sr., 12th July, 1746. part of a patent. 26th April, 1742, 230 acres. Teste: Hugh Ross. Isaiah Curry, John Hind. Delivered: John Henderson, September, 1765.
- Vol. 1 - APRIL 20, 1763. - (27) Commission for privy examination of Margaret, wife of Isaiah Curry. James Catchey (Carthrae).
- Page 443.--22d October, 1765. Margaret Leeper's settlement, recorded of estate of James Leeper--Paid to the heirs, viz: To Isiah Curry, Andrew Leeper, Wm. McMullen, Geo. Leeper, Jno. Seawright, Nicholas Leeper. Jno. Leeper. Margaret Leeper, Jr., Saml. Henderson, Jas. Leeper, Jr., in his life time.
- Page 253.--12th July, 1788. Josep Phillips and James Ware, both of Wilkes County, Georgia, to James Graham, of county and state aforesaid, power of attorney to sell land and collect and pay debts. Teste: Isaiah and Margaret Curry, Henry and Catherine Poss.