Facts and Events
- Will of Isabel Smith of Logan co., OH, dated 24 December 1850, proved 25 January 1851.
- I Isabel Smith of the County of Logan and State of Ohio do make and publish this my last will and testament as follows, to wit.
- Item 1st I give and bequeath to my three daughters namely Martha Johnson, Rebecca Burgess and Isabel Downing the sum of One hundred and fifty dollars each, to be paid to them so soon as it can be made and paid over by to them by my Executor, either in money or property as they may agree after my decease
- Item 2d I devise and bequeath to my son Robert Smith my ---- and big plow
- Item 3d The balance of my property I do devise and set apart to the payment of my funeral charges and the payment of my debts.
- And whatever of my property or money may be left after paying charges and debts as aforesaid I give and devise the same to all my children equally.
- Item 4th I do hereby nominate and appoint John K. Taylor my son in law my Executor of this my last will and testament. In testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 24th day of December in the year 1850.
- (Signed) Isabel Smith
- Witnesses Rodolphus E. Pettit, George W. Davis.
- Proved 25 January 1851.
- [Logan co., OH Administration Docket G: 105, FHL film #545,338]