- H. Isaac McDanielabt 1745 - abt 1797
- W. Jean Scottabt 1740 -
m. 24 June 1762
Facts and Events
Isaac McDonald was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - MAY 24, 1762. - (237) Isaac McDonald, returned no inhabitant.
- Vol. 1 - APRIL 22, 1763. - (43) Isaac McDonald--juror.
- Vol. 1 - JUNE, 1764 (A). - Stephen Ruddell, of Hampshire, vs. John McDonald and Isaac McDaniel. Bond 12th May, 1763. (Note: same person?)
- Page 318.--Patent to John McDaniel, 10th July, 1767. Teste: John Smith, David ( ) McDonald, Isaac McDonald.
- Vol. 2 - 1767: Processioner's Appointed - Page 429.--James Meteire, Thomas Shields, Saml. Blackwood, James Henderson, William Palmer, Robt. Thompson, from Burden's line to William Tease's between South Mountain and Kennady's Road by Staunton and thence by the Tinkling Spring Meeting House. Andrew McClure, John Galespie, James Craige, Jr., and James Patterson, from Tease's by the Tinkling Spring to Christian's Creek, down the Creek to the mouth, down Middle River to South River, to South Mountain. Joseph Bell, Robert Russell, Robert Rodgers, James Lessley, Jr., Alex. Walker, Hugh Donahoe, beginning at Foard of Christian's Creek below the Court House, down the same to the Mouth, down Middle to South River, down to the Forke up North River to Fowler's, to Staunton. William McKemey, Thomas Waddle, John Young, Jr., David Erwin, William Fowler, Hugh Diver, Jr., from Court House to Jenning's Gap, thence along the mountain to the Dry River, down the same to North River, down to Fowler's, thence to Staunton. Robert Cravens, Jeremiah Harrison (son of Thomas), Archibald Hopkins, Isaac McDonnald, David Robinson, Cornelius Riddle, from Fowlers along the road to the County Line on the side to the North Mountain. Michael Humble and Thos. Baggs, in Brock's Gap to the Mountain. Benj. Logan, John Fraizer, David Laird, Reuben Harrison, Jacob Woodley, Evain Phillips, from County Line to Fowler's, down North River to Mr. Jones's, thence along the Picket Mountain to County Line. Frederick Armontrout, Augustine Price, John Coutts, Stephen Hanceberger, Saml. Magart, Jno. Miller, Callum Price, from Mr. Jones's to the Pickett Mountain and as low as the County line on both sides the river to Mouth of South River. Isaac Robinson, Geo. Rider, James Johnston, Jno. Thomas, in the Forrest. John Graham, Jr., William Hamilton (Andrew's son), William Elliot (Govenor), John Waughub, on both rivers of Calf Pasture and waters thereof. John Bodkin, John Montgomery, John McCreery, Jr., Hugh Hicklin, John Clendenning, James Hugart, Saml. Hamilton, from head to mouth of Cow Pasture and waters thereof. James Burnside, Loftus Pulling, Richard Bodkin, Jr., John Estill, in Bull Pasture and waters thereof. John Willson Stephen Willson, John Dean, Robert Armstrong, William Mann, Edward McMullen, from head of Jackson's River to mouth of Cowpasture. George Givens and Wm. Galespie, from mouth of Cowpasture to mouth of Craig's Creek. John Dunkle, Henry Pickle, Henry Stone, Michl. Props, Jr., William Davis, Jno. Roadabough, on South Fork of Potowmack. Nicholas Harpool and Martin Peterson, on North Mill Creek.
- Isaac McDonald was belived to have been in Augusta County, VA with brothers John and Alexander.
- [Citation: http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/m/c/d/Everett-D-Mcdonald/index.html].
- JEAN SCOTT married ISAAC MCDONALD June 24,1762 in Augusta,Va. ISAAC B.@ 1740,Augusta County,Va. Jean was christened in "Old Stone Church",Orange,Cty, by Rev. J.Craig. Jean was the daughter of ROBERT&ANN SCOTT.
- [Citation: http://genforum.genealogy.com/scott/messages/12656.html].
Help fund new features!