Facts and Events
||bef. 23 October 1815
||Augusta County, Virginia
Isaac Glass was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land in Augusta County, VA:
- In 1794, Isaac Glass purchased 148 acres on Lick Run, a branch of North River in Augusta County, which he later sold in 1813.
Will of Isaac Glass
- Page 94.--2d December, 1813. Isaac Glass' will--To son, John, and to his son and my son, Isaac Glass; to daughter, Fany King, and her son, Isaac King; to grandson, Harry King; to daughter, Margret Young; grandson, Isaac Young; to granddaughter, Margaret Young; grandson, Robert Young. Executors, son-in-law Andrew Young, James Allison, Samuel Gerry. Teste: Andrew Young, Hugh Glenn, Benj. Bryan. Proved, 23d October, 1815. Andrew and James qualify.
Records of Isaac Glass in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - MARRIAGE BOND. - Know all men by these presents, that we, Andrew Young and Isaac Glass, are held and firmly bound unto His Excellency, James Wood, Esquire, Governor of Virginia, and his successors, in the sum of one hundred and fifty dollars, to the payment whereof, well and truly to be made, we do bind ourselves, our heirs and each of our joint and several heirs, executors and administrators, jointly and severally, firmly by these presents, sealed with our seals, and dated the third day of November, 1797, in the twenty-second year of the Commonwealth.
- The condition of the above obligation is such that whereas there is a marriage shortly to be solemnized between the above-bound Andrew Young, Bachelor, and Margaret Glass, daughter of the above-named Isaac Glass, of Augusta County: if therefore there shall be no lawful cause to obstruct the said marriage, then this obligation to be void, otherwise to remain in full force and virtue.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1797--November 3, Andrew Young and Isaac Glass, surety. Andrew Young and Margaret Glass, daughter of above Isaac Glass.
Information on Isaac Glass
From Rootsweb.com post:
From: "Linda Baker" <email@example.com>
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 9:49 AM
Subject: [VAAUGUST] GLASS
I need help finding information about Isaac GLASS. In 1794, he purchased 148 acres on Lick Run, a branch of North River in Augusta Co which he later sold in 1813. In 1797, he and Andrew YOUNG made an Augusta Co. marriage bond for Andrew to marry Isaac's daughter Margaret E. GLASS (my ancestors).
In 1815, the will of Isaac GLASS dated 1813 was proved. He named daughters Fany KING (wife of Adam KING) and Margaret YOUNG and grandchildren Isaac & Harry KING, and Isaac, Margaret & Robert YOUNG.
Isaac GLASS is estimated to have been born about 1750 and may have fought in the Revolutionary War. I would appreciate any information about Isaac GLASS, his birth, parents, wife, etc. Where was he during the Revolutionary War (tax list, land record)?
Thank you for any help