Facts and Events
Records of Isaac Arnold
- Pages 165-66. Will of George Petty of Orange County, being very sick and weak, dated 13 Jan. 1751/2.
- To my wife Jemima Petty and my child Catherine Petty all my estate.
- When my child comes of age she have the half of my estate or so much money levied out of it for Catherine Petty's use.
- If she dies without heir it shall fall to my wife Jemima.
- My child Catherine Petty should be entirely under the guardianship of Christopher Petty and Robert Boston, which I constitute my executors.
- [No signature].
- Wit: Charles (X) Lee, Archd. Campbell.
- 28 May 1752. Presented into Court by Christopner Petty and Robert Boston. Proved by Charles Lee and Archd. Campbell. Certificate granted executors for obtaining letters of probate with Charles Lee and Isaac Arnold their securities.
- [Orange County Virginia Will Book 2, 1744-1778, Dorman, pg. 37].
Help fund new features!