Facts and Events
||Salisbury, Essex, Massachusettsworked in the sawmills, left in 1658
||4 APR 1659
||Dover, Strafford, New Hampshirereceived as an inhabitant
||2 Mar 1664
||Dover, Strafford, New Hampshireto Sarah Starbuck
||named in mother's will
||bef 2 Jun 1714
||Dover, Strafford, New Hampshire(nearby)
|Ancestral File Number
||17 Sept 1713
||will written; names wife Sarah, sons Ebenezer Varney, Peter Varney, daughter Abigal Brackston
||2 Jun 1714
||date will proved
Humphrey's birth date is estimated as about 1636 by CollacottS1, while Barber and DeloreyS2 give an estimated birth date of 1637. Collacott gives Barbados as Humphrey's birth place, based on the belief that Humphrey's mother was the widow Bridget Parsons and that she married William Varney in Barbados. However the assumption that Bridget was the widow of Jeffery Parson's father has been disprovenS3 and there is no reason to believe that Humphrey's parents, William and Bridget Vareny, were ever in Barbados.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Collacott, Margaret Oliver. The ancestors and descendants of Zephaniah and Silence Alden Hathaway: with notes on allied families. (Mentor, Ohio: unknown, 1961), Secondary quality.
Collacott source for burial: John Scales, History of Dover
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Barber, Kathleen Canney, and Janet Ireland Delorey. William Varney of Ipswich and Gloucester, Massachusetts. The American Genealogist. (Jul 2006), Secondary quality.
Barber and Delorey sources for will include: Albert Stillman Batchellor, ed., Probate Records of the Province of New Hampshire, vol. 1:1635-1717
- Willis S. Parsons. “Jeffery Parsons of Loddiswell, Devonshire and Gloucester, Massachusetts”, in The New England Historical and Genealogical Register. (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society), 142:(July 1988), Secondary quality.
- ↑ Massachusetts (Colony). Quarterly Courts (Essex County). Records and files of the Quarterly Courts of Essex County, Massachusetts. (Salem, Massachusetts: The Essex Institute, 1911-1925, 1975), Vol. 5, p. 119, Secondary quality.
- ↑ Barber and Delorey sources for will include: Albert Stillman Batchellor, ed., Probate Records of the Province of New Hampshire, vol. 1:1635-1717
- ↑ Collacott source for burial: John Scales, History of Dover