Hugh le Despencer, 2nd Baron le Despencer
d.16 Feb 1349
Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Hugh le Despencer (1308–1349) was the eldest son and heir of Hugh the younger Despenser, son of Hugh the elder Despenser. His father and grandfather were both executed in 1326. His mother was Eleanor de Clare, daughter of Gilbert de Clare, 6th Earl of Hertford and Joan of Acre. Through his mother, Hugh was a great grandson of Edward I of England. He was married to Elizabeth Montague (d.1359), and both are buried in Tewkesbury Abbey, Gloucestershire.
- Hugh le Despencer, 2nd Baron le Despencer, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia.
- Hugh le Despenser, 1st Lord le Despenser, in Lundy, Darryl. The Peerage: A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Sir HUGH (1308-8 Feb 1349, bur Tewkesbury Abbey), in Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families.
- ↑ Hugh le Despencer, in Find A Grave.
- ↑ Cokayne, George Edward, and Vicary Gibbs; et al. The complete peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, extant, extinct, or dormant [2nd ed.]. (London: St. Catherine Press, 1910-59), Volume 4 pages 271 to 274.
Help fund new features!