Facts and Events
Hugh Gilkeson was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will of Hugh Gilkeson
- Page 44.--3d February, 1806. Hugh Gilkerson's will--To wife, Elizabeth; daughter, Margaret; daughter, Anna; daughter, Elizabeth; son, James; sons, David and William. Executors, sons David and William. Teste: Jacob Larew, Thos. Marshall, Joseph and Benj. Larew. Proved, 28th April, 1806. Executors qualify.
Records of Hugh Gilkeson in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 192.- (undated, appears to be abt. 1790/91)-Teste: Hugh Gelkeson, Daniel Guthrie, Elizabeth Gilkeson, Wm. Guthrie, Jr.
- Page 438.--Thomas Rutledge's appraisement by Walter Davis, George Marshall, David Harbison, Hugh Gilkeson. Recorded, December, 1791.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1794 -- May 14, John Guthrey and Hugh Gilkeson, surety. John Guthrey and Margaret Gilkeson, daughter of Hugh Gilkeson.
- Vol. 2 - 1801--January 26, James Craig and Hugh Gilkeson, surety. James Craig and Ann Gilkeson, daughter of said Hugh. Archibald Dixon swears James is of age.
- ↑ Hugh, born in Pa. 1748 and d. in Augusta County 1806. His will is recorded at Staunton, Va. He m. Elizabeth Guthrie (1746-1830), dau. of John and Ann Guthrie, who came to America on the same boat with the Gilkesons.