d.24 SEP 1894
Facts and Events
Civil War Service
- Application 273321; Certificate 347788
- Widow's Pension (1): Application 604860, Certificate (not listed)
- Widow's Pension (2): Application 920781, Certificate 700962
- The card does not indicate whether this is one widow applying twice or two different women both applying for a widow's pension. (Although I have not seen the files, I suspect that it is two different women. If a woman was denied a widow's pension, she could continue to submit evidence to support her claim and it would continue to use the same application number. -- Amy 08:05, 23 October 2009 (EDT) )
- ↑ Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- ↑ United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. National Cemetery Administration. Nationwide Gravesite Locator.