Herbert , the Elder, Count of Meaux, of Troyes and of Omois
m. bef 21 May 907
- Eudes of Vermandois, Count of Amiens and of Vienne
- Adele , of Vermandois
- Herbert , the Elder, Count of Meaux, of Troyes and of Omois
- Hugh of Vermandois, Archbishop of Reims
- Adalbert I "The Pious" , Count of Vermandois
- Robert , of Vermandois, Count of Troyes and Meaux
- Luitgarde of Vermandois
- Guy de Vermandois, Comte de Soissons
Facts and Events
||Herbert , the Elder, Count of Meaux, of Troyes and of Omois
||Heribert van Vermandois, III
||to Eadgifu , of England
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Herbert III d'Omois, Herbert the old (or Herbert III of Vermandois, 910 – 980/985) was count of Omois from 943 to his death.
He was the son of Herbert II, Count of Vermandois and Adela of France, daughter of King Robert I of France. In 943 after his father died, he succeeded as count of Omois "and received the fortress of Château-Thierry as well as the abbey of Saint-Médard, Soissons." After the death of his brother Robert of Vermandois he succeeded as Comte of Meaux and Troyes.
In 951, in his late years, he was married to Eadgifu of Wessex, daughter of Edward the Elder, King of England, and widow of Charles the Simple King of West Francia. He is not recorded as having any children and his lands passed to his nephews, Eudes I, Count of Blois and Herbert IV, Count of Troyes and Meaux.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 HERIBERT [III] "le Vieux" ([910/26]-[983/early 985], bur Lagny)., in Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families.
- Herbert III of Omois
, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia.
- ↑ Birth year estimated based on Werner (cited in Cawley), and to fit between estimated birth years of siblings.
Help fund new features!