Col. Henry Washington Younger
Facts and Events
||Col. Henry Washington Younger
||22 Feb 1810
||Crab Orchard, Lincoln, Kentucky, United States
||Tennesseeto Bursheba Leighton Fristoe
||Blue Twp, Jackson County, Missouri
||Harrisonville, Cass County, Missouri
||20 Jul 1862
||Westport, Jackson County, Missouri(reportedly ambushed and murdered on the road by a company of pro-Union militia, probably Kansas Jayhawkers)
||Orient Cemetery, Harrisonville, Cass County, Missouri
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Henry Washington Younger ( February 22, 1810 - July 20, 1862 ) was a businessman and father to the Younger outlaws Cole, Jim, John and Bob. He was the father of fourteen children. He was the son of Colonel Charles Lee Younger and Sarah Sullivan Purcell and married Bersheba Leighton Fristoe in about 1830.
Jackson County, Missouri, 1850 census:
- Younger, Harry 38 yrs Farmer (real estate = $9,000) b. Missouri
- Beersha 33 yrs b. Missouri
- Helen 18 yrs b. Missouri
- Isabela 16 yrs b. Missouri
- Martha A. 14 yrs b. Missouri
- Richard 12 yrs b. Missouri
- Josephine 10 yrs b. Missouri
- Caroline 8 yrs b. Missouri
- Coleman 6 yrs b. Missouri
- Sarah A. 4 yrs b. Missouri
- James H. 2 yrs b. Missouri
- Soemate[?], Hardin 30 yrs Carpenter b. Missouri
- Wiley 23 yrs Carpenter b. Missouri
Cass County, Missouri, 1860 census:
- Younger, H. W. 50 yrs Mayor (real estate = $30,000; personal estate = $7,000) b. Kentucky
- Bershaby 44 yrs b. Kentucky
- Coleman 15 yrs Farmer b. Missouri
- Sallie 13 yrs b. Missouri
- James 12 yrs b. Missouri
- Jno. 10 yrs b. Missouri
- Emily 8 yrs b. Missouri
- Robt. 5 yrs b. Missouri
- Henrietta 4 yrs b. Missouri
- Stales, Chris 22 yrs Laborer b. Indiana (cannot read/write)
- Clayton, Geo. 21 yrs Sadler b. Missouri
- Caroline 18 yrs b. Missouri
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Find A Grave.
(memorial marker only; location of actual burial is unknown) Find a Grave
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Jackson, Missouri, United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, p. 265B, dwelling/family 3/3.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Cass, Missouri, United States. 1860 U.S. Census Population Schedule, p. 841, dwelling/family 944/944.
- Henry Washington Younger, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia.
Help fund new features!