Facts and Events
Henry Walker was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
- Botetourt Co., VA, Deed Book 6, page 300:
- This Indenture made this 11th day of April in the year of Our Christ 1797 between William Walker of Botetourt County & State of Virginia of the one part & his son Henry Walker of the county and State aforesd. of the other part...sum of $300...tract of land it being part of a Grant of 275 acres granted to James Patton by a patent bearing date the 3rd day of November 1750 & conveyd. by said Patton to Robert Williams by a Deed admitted to record at Augusta March Court 1754 and conveyed by said Williams to William Walker by a deed admitted to record at Augusta Court 1765 said tract or parcel of land containing Eighty acres be the same more or less as is contained in the following boundries to wit
- Beginning at three Sycamores on the South Bank of Craigs Creek on a line of said grant thence with said line North 73 degrees West 90 poles to a White Oak corner to the land of Henry Walker & to said Grant
- thence, a Division line, North 70 west 125 poles crossing Craigs Creek to a Hickory & Mulberry on a line of sd. Grant
- thence with the line of the same North 15 East 60 poles to a stake
- South 85 East 50 poles to near the Creek
- thence down the Creek 124 poles to a double Ash & Walnut on the South bank of the Creek corner to said Grant
- thence, division lines, down the Creek with the Several Courses thereof 78 poles to the Beginning...
- In testimony whereof the said William Walker hath hereunto set his hand and Seal the Day and Year above written.
- [signed] William Walker
- (witnesses) Jas. Heavin, Hugh Caldwell, William Givens
- At July Botetourt Court 1797
- This Indenture of Bargain & Sale was Exhibited in Court and proved by the oath of James Heavin, Hugh Caldwell & William Givens witnesses thereto
- Subscribed and thereupon ordered to be Recorded.
- A copy teste Hy. Bowyer C.B.C.
- Walker, Henry. Will probate 1803.
- Names wife _________, and children: Andrew, William, Robert, Henry, Archabald, Mary, Joseph and George.
- [Source: Early Marriages, Wills and some Revolutionary War Records, Botetourt County, Virginia, Compiled by Anne Lowry Worrell, pg. 64].
Help fund new features!