Henry V , Holy Roman Emperor
Facts and Events
||Henry V , Holy Roman Emperor
||Emperor Of Germany Heinrich, V
||8 Nov 1086
||7 Jan 1114
||Mainz, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germanyto Empress Matilda , of England, Empress of the Holy Roman Empire
||23 May 1125
||Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
|Ancestral File Number
||Speyer Cathedral, Speyer, Bayern, Germany
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Henry V (11 August 1086 – 23 May 1125) was King of Germany (from 1099 to 1125) and Holy Roman Emperor (from 1111 to 1125), the fourth and last ruler of the Salian dynasty. Henry's reign coincided with the final phase of the great Investiture Controversy, which had pitted pope against emperor. By the settlement of the Concordat of Worms, he surrendered to the demands of the second generation of Gregorian reformers.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Henry V, Holy Roman Emperor, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia.
- HEINRICH (1081-Utrecht 23 May 1125, bur Speyer cathedral)., in Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families.
- Heinrich V, Holy Roman Emperor, in Lundy, Darryl. The Peerage: A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe.
- Heinrich V, in Find A Grave.
Help fund new features!