Facts and Events
Henry Stalnaker was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Probable Parentage of Henry Stalnaker
Henry Stalnaker is a probable (but not a proven) son of Samuel Stalnaker, an early settler of Augusta County, Virginia. The following records of Henry are contained in Chalkley's Augusta County Records:
Land Acquisition in Frederick County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants:
- N-216: Henry Stertyanacre of Frederick County, 215 acres on Mill Creek in said County. Surv. Thomas Rutherford. Adj. Jacob Coyle, Henry Kilkener, John Pennywit. 15 Sept. 1766. [Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants, 1742-1775, Vol. 2, Gertrude E. Gray, pg. 179].
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 169.--16th March, 1772. Jacob ( ) Argen(Archen)bright and Susannah ( ) to Henry Sturtsnocker, £33.10, 126 acres between Cub Run and the Peaked Mountain patented to Philip Haws 14th February, 1761, and by him conveyed to Jacob Parsenger 17th June, 1762, and by him to grantor here 20th November, 1764; corner Nicholas Trout; corner Jacob Pence. Teste: Samuel and James Craig, Jacob Nicolas, Valentine Lioninger. Not delivered.
Estate Records of Henry Stalnaker
- Page 52.--8th February, 1773. Elizabeth Stalsnaker relinquishes her right to administer on her husband's estate and nominates Charles Rush.
- Page 52.--16th March, 1773. Charles Rush's bond (with Daniel Price, Danl. Sink) as administrator of Henry Stalsnaker.
- Page 254.--16th August, 1774. Charles Rush, administrator, settles the estate of Henry Stalsnaker--Paid to the widow, Catharine Pence; paid David Bosang, Michael Milterbarger. (Note: Catherine, wife of Henry Stalnaker had apparently re-married to a Pence after Henry's death).