Facts and Events
Henry Reyburn was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 224.--24th January, 1772. William Christall and Anne ( ) to Henry Reaburn and Charles Harris, their sons-in-law, £150; William divides 320 acres whereon he now lives between Henry and Charles equally. Teste: William and Margaret Edmiston.
- Page 199.--__ October, 1773. William Christall (Christal) and Ann ( ) to Charles Harris and Henry Reaburn, 320 acres on Jennings Creek, patented to William, 10th July, 1767. Teste: John Madison, Jr., George Mathews. Thomas Patterson, Richard Madison.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 202.--Henry Reaburn and Margaret ( ) and Charles Harris and Jean, to James Camphell, conveys above (320 acres on Jennings Creek, patented to William, 10th July, 1767). (Note: this record immediately follows the land record dated October 1773 from William Christall and Ann to Charles Harris and Henry Reaburn, listed above).
- Records shown a few pages later:
- Page 227.--16th October, 1773. Privy examination of Margaret, wife of Henry Reaburn, and Jean, wife of Chas. Harris.
- Page 229.--16th October, 1773. Same as to Ann Christall, wife of William.
Information on Henry Reyburn
1747 - AFT NOV 1840
BIRTH: 1747, Augusta County, Virginia
DEATH: AFT NOV 1840, Parchment Valley, Jackson County, Virginia
Father: Edward RAYBURN
Mother: Margaret REABURN
Family 1 : Margaret Bird CHRISTAL
MARRIAGE: 1767, Augusta County, Virginia