Facts and Events
||Henry C Noel
||7 Aug 1837
||Indiana, United States
||Parke, Indiana, United States
||Wauwatosa, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin
||Danville, Vermillion, Illinois|Danville, Illinois
||18 Jan 1915
||National Home For Disabled Volunteer Soldiers, Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio, United States
||National Home For Disabled Volunteer Soldiers Cemetery, Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio, United States
Apparently received an Illinois state pension for service as a Private in Co. C, 15th Infantry (Footnote) and on the staff of the 25th Illinois Infantry (Footnote)
Civil War Military History
31 Jul 1862 Enrolled Rockville, Ind. Private Company C, 78th Ind. Inf.
30 Sep 1862 Discharged Indianapolis, Ind. Ex.Term Service
4 May 1864 Terre Haute, Ind. Private Company D, 133rd Ind. Inf.
21 Aug 1864 Terre Haute, Ind. Ex. Term Service
1 Mar 1865 Bear Grove, Ills. Private Company F, 15th Ills. Inf.
16 Sep 1865 Ft. Leavenworth Ks. Close of War
National Soldiers Home History
Henry appears to have spent the last years of his life in the various National Soldiers Homes.
- 21 Jun 1897 Admitted NorthWestern Branch, (Wood, Wisconsin near Milwaukee)
- 15 Apr 1902 Transfer to Danville Branch (Danville, Illinois)
- 24 Apr 1907 Transfer to Western Branch (Leavenworth, Kansas); Discharge 2 Jun 1907 at request
- 26 Jun 1909 Readmitted Danville Branch (Danville, Illinois)
- 24 Apr 1911 Transfer to Mountain Branch (Johnson City, Tennessee)
- 9 Jun 1911 Transfer to Danville Branch (Danville, Illinois)
- 21 Oct 1911 Transfer to Mountain Branch (Johnson City, Tennessee)
- 21 Nov 1911 Transfer to Central Branch (Dayton, Ohio)
- 21 Jun 1912 Transfer to Marion Branch (Marion, Ohio)
- 21 Jul 1912 Transfer to Central Branch (Dayton, Ohio)
- 21 Sep 1912 Transfer to Mountain Branch (Johnson City, Tennessee)
- Find A Grave.
Henry C Noel
Death: Jan. 18, 1915
Burial: Dayton National Cemetery, Dayton, Montgomery County, Ohio, USA; Plot: 1, 21, 49
Imported from: US Veteran's Affairs
Record added: Feb 26, 2000
[Does not include a picture of stone]
Find A Grave Memorial# 1036398
- ↑ United States. 1900 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T624).
Year: 1900; Census Place: Wauwatosa, Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Roll T623_1807; Page: 20A; Enumeration District: 203, page 20, line 42.
National Home For Disabled Soldiers, Milwaukee, Wisconsin:
Noel Henry C Member White Male Aug 1837 62 Single Indiana Kentucky Ireland
- ↑ United States. 1910 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T623).
Year: 1910; Census Place: Danville, Vermilion, Illinois; Roll T624_329; Page: 1B; Enumeration District: 134; Image: 858; Page 1B, line 99.
National Home for Disabled Volunteer Soldiers
Noel Henry C Relationship: "None" Male White 72 [abt 1838] Single [for birthplace of self and parents: "No Information Obtainable"]
- ↑ United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule.
Year: 1850; Census Place: District 85, Parke, Indiana; Roll: M432_164; Page: 281A; Image: 566; Dwelling:255; Household: 255.
Mary Noel 45 F Ireland
Phebe Noel 15 F Ind
Henry 13 M Ind
William 10 M Ind
Anna 7 F Ind
Samuel P McGill 29 M Atty Ky
Isabel McGill 19 F Ind
Help fund new features!