m. Abt. 1737
- Henry MowryEst 1738-1745 -
- Lewis MowryAbt 1739 -
Facts and Events
Henry Mowry was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 312.--19th May, 1778. Leonard ( ) Miller and Katherine ( ), of Rockingham County, to Henry Mowyer. (Note: the location or acreage of this acquisition was not listed).
Records of Henry Mowry in Augusta County, VA
- Vol. 1 - DECEMBER 19, 1780. - (322) These to work on the road from Staunton to Christian's Creek, with their tithables, viz: William Lewis, Henry Moura, John Brooks, Peter Moura, John Bird, James Graham, Nicholas Sprigg, Robert Russell, Mr. Hunt, Andrew Scott, Jacob Sciler, Peter Grass, John Graham, Christopher Graham, Joshua Russell, James Coursey, Thomas Scott, Wm. Burk, Robert McClenachan, Samuel Fraizer and James Hill.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County, VA - 1791--June 8, Henry Mowry and Mary Gibson, daughter of Alex. Gibson; surety, Alex. Gibson, Jr.
- Vol. 2 - Memorandum of Marriages for 1791, 1792, 1793, 1794, 1795.; 1791, June 10th, Henry Mowry and Mary Gibson
- Page 171.--6th September, 1794. Alexander Gibson's will--To wife, Mary; to children, viz: Elizabeth, Christian, Mary Mowrey, Margaret; to grandson, Daniel Gibson. who is to make deed to Daniel McFarling for his tract on Christian's Creek; to John McFarling; to grandson Edward Atkins; to granddaughter, Sarah Allen (I believe is her name, but Mrs. Haladay knows her); to granddaughter, Ann McFarling; to granddaughter, Elizabeth Congo (Cargo?); to grandson, Samuel Cargo; to Daniel McFarling. Executors. Robert Porterfield, Henry Mowrey. Teste: Jas. Hill, Daniel McFarland, Christian Gibson. Proved, 16th June, 1795, by James Hill Daniel McFarlin. Executors refuse to execute, widow also. Administration granted Alexander Gibson, son to decedent.
- Page 283.--5th July, 1797. John Price's will, of Staunton, cabinet maker--To wife, Judith; to apprentice, James Wilson, cabinet maker's tools. Executors, wife Judith and Robert Douthat. Teste: Chesley Kinney, Henry Mowrey, W. Chambers, Richard S. Ellis. Proved, 19th September, 1797, by Mowrey and Ellis. Judith qualifies.
- Page 308.--27th March, 1798. John Price's estate appraised by Vincent Tapp, Henry Mowrey, Joseph Dickey.
- Vol. 2 - Marriages in Augusta County, VA - 1800, January 7th--By Rev. Wm. Wilson: Jacob Crist and Lydia Mowry.
- Page 63.--Alexander Gibson's will, 13th July, 1804; proved, 3d September, 1804--Sister, Christiana Gibson; sister, Mary, wife of Henry Mowry; nephew, Daniel Gibson; niece, Elizabeth Cargo; James Creswell, who married his sister Margaret, mother of Elizabeth Cargo; nephew, Samuel Alexander Corgo; nephew, Daniel Gibson; niece, Harriet Cresswell, daughter of Margaret.