Facts and Events
Henry Mace, Jr. was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Virginia
Acquisition of Land in Virginia:
- Page 88 - Henry Mace, 300 acres, Madisons Gap. Adjoining Makall. November 16, 1789. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 127].
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - DECEMBER, 1789, JANUARY, FEBRUARY, 1790. - Henry Mace vs. Samuel Lamme.--24th November, 1789.
- Vol. 1 - SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER, 1790. - Henry Mace vs. James Lamme.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1792--October 6, Thomas Scott and Esther Cashaw, daughter of Benoni Cashaw (consent); witnesses, John Cashaw, John Taylor; surety, Henry Mace.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1792--October 6, John Taylor and Henry Mace, surety. John Taylor and Sarah Cashaw, daughter of Benoin Cashaw (consent). John, son of Christin Charles Tailor (consent); witness, John Cashaw.
- Vol. 1 - APRIL 19, 1797. - (136) George Lemon, orphan, aged 8 years 22d January last, to be bound to Henry Mace.
Help fund new features!