Facts and Events
Henry Larkin was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 844.--21st March, 1765. James Huston and Agness to Henry Larken, £30, 120 acres in Fork of James River, John Harger's line.
- Page 472.--7th May, 1768. Elizabeth ( ) Rea to Henry Larkin, £30, 98 acres on the south side of North Branch of James River; corner John Harger; corner Alexander Baggs and William Henderson. Teste: John Bowyer, Joseph Cloyd, James McDowell.
- Larkins, Henry. Will probate Feb., 1773.
- Names wife: Jain, and children: James, Henry, Mary, David, Thomas, Elizabeth, Sarah, Jain, Margaret, Nancy and Marthew [sic, prob. Martha].
- [Source: Early Marriages, Wills and some Revolutionary War Records, Botetourt County, Virginia, Compiled by Anne Lowry Worrell, pg. 58].
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - SEPTEMBER 20, 1763. - (218) Henry Larkin bound to peace towards Andrew Brown.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 18, 1767. - (211-212) The following produced certificates for hemp: Alexr. Gibson, Francis Brown, Thos. Paxton, Saml. Newberry, Saml. Henderson, Nichs. Sollace, Edward Sharp, Henry Larkin, Alexr. Walker, John White, John Black, James Trimble, Saml. Downey, Walter Cunningham, Moses Trimble, James McClung, John McClure, Halbert McClure, Joseph Long, David Campbell, James Walker, Joseph Lapsley, Israel Christian, Henry Lung, Jonan. Whitley, John McElwroth.
- Vol. 1 - MAY 19, 1768. - (138) Hemp certificate; Henry Larkin, Abraham Brown.
- ↑ Ancestry.com/Ancestry Family Trees: Public Members Trees.