Facts and Events
Henry Judy was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 234.--19th May, 1770. Martin Judy (Juddy, Juda) and Rosanna to Henry Judey (Juda), their son, £20, 204 acres on North Mill Creek, a branch of South Branch of Potowmack, part of 367 conveyed to Martin by William Green, Gent., 24th May, 1763. Teste: William Lamme. Delivered: Nicholas Judy, December, 1778.
Records of Henry Judy in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 108.--28th November, 1771. Henry Lancisco, Sr., to Henry Lancisco, Jr., son of said Henry, 194 acres, part of the plantation whereon said Henry now lives and part of 350 acres conveyed to said Henry Lanclsco Sr., by Wood, Russell and Green, 20th May, 1753, and part of 660 acres patented to said Wood, Russell and Green, 23d October, 1750, on South Branch of Potomac. Teste: Henry Judy, Necolaus ( ) Herbould; Martain ( ) Juty, Bastain ( ) Hackley. Delivered: Samuel Millar per order 25th February, 1788.
- Page 114.--28th November, 1771. Same to Valentine Power, part of 310 acres above. Teste: Henry Judy, Nicholaus ( ) Herbould, Martam ( ) Juty. Bastain ( ) Hackley.
- Page 386.--17th March, 1775. George Fults' estate appraised and settlement recorded 15th August, 1775--Sold to Henry Judy, Martin Judy. Michael Mannin, Nicholas Judy, Jacob Critchs, Thomas Northon, Richard Burns, Mathias Dice, Jacob Simond, Jacob Hinkle, Thomas Hall, Joseph Ham, Jacob Ragen.
- Page 107.--16th November, 1779. Recorded. Michael Mallow's sale bill--Sold to, viz: Michael Allgyre, Jacob Bragg, Peter Wineman, Jacob Carpenter, Joseph Bennett, Adam Mallow, Jacob Break, Richard Byrns, Martin Judy, Philip Harper, Jno. Rice; to Nicholas Boucher, Jno. Westfall, Peter Vineman, Jno. Higgins, Jacob Goodman, Jacob Heffenor, Christopher Hoofner, Gasper Bogart, Henry Rule, Abel Griffith, Peter Hald, Peter Segerfoot, widow Moser, Aaron Vanscoy, Thos. Bland, Zachary Retsworth, Sarah Harmon, Ludowick Waggoner, Thos. Wilmot, Adam Lock, Michael Peterson, Geo. Walker, Samuel Morrall, Zachary Retsroth, Henry Judy, Jacob Springstone, Jacob Caplinger, John Server, Eve Moser, Lawrence Causan (Cansen?), Robt. Craigard, Gabriel Cyle (Kile).
- Vol. 2 - Jacob Perkholder vs. William Dunlap--A. and B. Rockbridge, 24th February, 1794. Plaintiff was removed to and an inhabitant of Pennsylvania, 25th August, 1794. Affidavit in Rockingham by Henry Judy.
Information on Henry Judy
Appeared on Hampshire CO Census between 1782-85
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The History and Genealogy of the Judy-Judah-Tschudy Family - 870 AD to 1954 by "Baron" Marion Pomeroy Carlock (von Judy-T, 459, 463.
- ↑ Vol. 22, Tree number 3340.
- ↑ Vol. 9, Tree.
- ↑ Vol. 22, Tree number 3340, "Vol. 22 #3340 says birth date is 1747;.".
- ↑ Vol. 4, Tree number 1977, "Vol. 4 #1977 says death date was before 6/8/1824;.".
- ↑ Vol. 22, Tree number 3340, "Vol. 22 #3340 says death place is Pendleton Co., Virginia;.".