Facts and Events
Henry Henry was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 310.--15th February, 1763. William Chesnut, farmer, to Henry Henry, £5, 80 acres on Muddy Creek, a branch of the North River of Shanandoe, part of 400 acres on which Chesnut now lives. Daniel Callachan's land on Green's old line; line of Wood's land. Delivered: Andrew Johnston by your order, March, 1770.
- Page 41.--19th August, 1777. Thomas O'Neal to Henry Henry. Delivered: Jesse Harrison, March, 1783.
Records in Pennsylvania
- 20 July 1746 - Muster Roul of the Company of Foot, Commanded by Capt. John shannon, Anno Domini 1763 (Sept.) -- Henry Henry - age: 19 - born: Ireland - Date of enlistment: July 20, 1746 - Occupation: Laborer --- PENNSYLVANIA ARCHIVES, FIFTH SERIES, VOL. I, page: 12.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 28, 1750. - (420) David Evans, John Smith, Peter Horse, Henry Horse, John Eby, Hans Eby, Michael Props, Mark Swattle, John Brown, Postley Hover, Michael Stroud, John Walker, (above, to Wm. Dyer, added on motion Alexr. Crockett), Henry Henry, Windell Brown, Peter Creson, Alexr. Skoot, Saml. Skoot, John Skoot, James Skoot, added to list of tithables.
- Page 8.--15th November, 1773 (acknowledged 17th November, 1772). William Chestnut, Sr., to William Chestnut, Jr., on the War branch, a branch of Dry River; Daniel Calahan's line; corner Harry Henry; John Chesnut's line. Delivered: Wm. Chesnutt. Jr., 18th March, 1783.
Records in Rockingham County, VA
- 28 May 1781 - Page: 93 -- Henry Henry sworn for grand jury duty ----- ROCKINGHAM COUNTY, VIRGINIA MINUTE BOOK 1778-1782 PART i 1778-1786, by Constan ce Levinson and Louise Levinson, page: 86.
- 28 June 1782 - Surveyed Record - June 28, 1782 - Henry Henry, 150 acres.
- 22 August 1782 - Page: 223 --- Henry Henry serving jury duty ----- White vs Smith ----- ROCKINGHAM COUNTY, VIRGINIA MINUTE BOOK 1778-1792 PART I 1778-1786, by Con stance Levinson and Louise Levinson, pages: 170-171
- 27 August 1782 - Page: 171 --- Henry Henry serving jury duty --- Miford vs Thomason ----- ROCKINGHAM COUNTY, VIRGINIA MINUTE BOOK 1778-1792 PART I 1778-1786, by Constance Levin son and Louise Levin son, page: 136.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ancestry.com/Ancestry Family Trees: Public Members Trees.