Facts and Events
Greene County, Indiana, 1850 census:S1
- Gastineu, Henry 23 yrs b. Kentucky Farmer (real estate = $200)
- Nancy wife 18 yrs b. Indiana
Greene County, Indiana, 1860 census:S2
- Gastineau, Henry 35 yrs b. Kentucky Farmer (real estate = $2,000; personal estate = $600)
- Nancy wife 25 yrs b. Indiana
- Mary E. dau 11 yrs b. Indiana
- Serilda J. dau 9 yrs b. Indiana
- Charles son 6 yrs b. Indiana
- Levi son 4 yrs b. Indiana
Henry must still have been in Greene County in 1870 and 1880 -- he received his pension there in 1882 and is mentioned several times in Binford's history, published in 1884 -- but he has not been located in the either the 1870 or 1880 census.
- Greene County, Indiana. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Jackson Twp, p. 597.
- Greene, Indiana, United States. 1860 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Jackson Twp, p. 819.
- United States Congress. Senate. List of Pensioners on the Roll, January 1, 1883: Giving the Name of Each Pensioner, the Cause for which Pensioned, the Post-Office Address, and the Rate of Pension. (Baltimore, Maryland), p. 71, Oct 1882.
Civil War pension:
Certificate #220,035: Gastineau, Henry.
Post office address -- Owensburgh.
Total deafness, left ear; monthly rate $2,00.
Date of original allowance: October 1882.
- Binford, J. H. History of Greene and Sullivan Counties, State of Indiana. (Chicago: Goodspeed Brothers, 1884), pp. 158-70.
Mustered in as 2nd Lieut. of Co. G, 97th Indiana Vol. Infantry, 20 Sep 1862 at Terre Haute. the regiment took part in the Vicksburg and Atlanta campaigns, fought at Kennesaw Mountain, then joined Sherman's army in the march to the sea and the burning of Columbia. took part in the Grand Review at Washington, DC, was mustered out 9 Jun 1865, and was returned to Indianapolis.
- Nebraska Secretary of State. Roster of Soldiers, Sailors and Marines: of the War of 1812, the Mexican War, and the War of the Rebellion, Residing in Nebraska June 1, 1891. (Lincoln, Nebraska: Nebraska Secretary of State, 1892), 1 Jun 1891.
Resident of Lisbon, Perkins County. Cites service in Co. G, 97th Indiana Infantry.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Grave marker, Lincoln Creek Cemetery, York, Nebraska, United States.