Henry O. Coverston
Facts and Events
Civil War Service
- Private, Company A, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 4 January 1864
- Mustered out with company 25 July 1865
- Also in Co. K, 1st Iowa Infantry and Co. I, 2nd Kansas Infantry s2
- Application: none listed
- Widow's Pension: Application 1574886, Certificate A 6-11-29. Interestingly, although Coverston died in 1871, the widow did not apply for a Widow's Pension until 26 March 1927.
- ↑ Official Roster of the Soldiers of the State of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- ↑ United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
Help fund new features!