Facts and Events
Henry Aylor was one of the Early Settlers of Germanna Colony
Migration to Germanna Colony
It is not known what happened to Hans Jacob "Henry" Aylor, but his wife, Anna, his son Henry, and daughter Elizabeth turn up in the Spottswood's Germanna Colony in Virginia in or about 1725. Jacob's wife Anna was the daughter of Second Germanna colonist Henry Snyder. [Source: http://www.jaylhouse.com/genpage.html]
Note: Henry Aylor must have died sometime around the birth of his daughter Elizabeth in March, 1720 and before his wife Anna Magdalena had a son with her second husband Johann Harnsbarger, Stephen Harnsbarger, sometime between 1720-1722. More research necessary to determine Henry Aylor's exact date of death.
Information on Henry Aylor
From Genforum.com post:
- Posted By: Larry Aylor
- Subject: Re: Aylors in Virginia
- Post Date: April 01, 2001 at 15:34:51
- Message URL: http://genforum.genealogy.com/aylor/messages/152.html
- Forum: Aylor Family Genealogy Forum
- Forum URL: http://genforum.genealogy.com/aylor/
Following is info regarding Lewis Aylor:
Descendants of Hans Jacob Oehler (Aylor)
Generation No. 1
- 1. Hans Jacob Oehler(AYLOR)1 . He married ANNA MAGDELENE SNYDER, daughter of HENRY SNYDER and (UNKNOWN).
- Child of Hans Jacob Oehler (AYLOR) and ANNA SNYDER is:
- 2. i. HENRY2 AYLOR.
- Generation No. 2
- 2. HENRY2 AYLOR ((UNKNOWN)1). He married ANNA MARGARET CRIGLER.
- Marriage Notes for HENRY AYLOR and ANNA CRIGLER:
- They had six children.
- Children of HENRY AYLOR and ANNA CRIGLER are:
- 3. i. HENRY3 AYLOR, JR..
- ii. JACOB AYLOR, b. 1749, Madison County, Virginia.
- Generation No. 3
- 3. HENRY3 AYLOR, JR. (HENRY2, (UNKNOWN)1). He married BARBARA CARPENTER Bef. 1772.
- Marriage Notes for HENRY AYLOR and BARBARA CARPENTER:
- They had twelve children.
- Child of HENRY AYLOR and BARBARA CARPENTER is:
- 4. i. LEWIS4 AYLOR.
- Generation No. 4
- 4. LEWIS4 AYLOR (HENRY3, HENRY2, (UNKNOWN)1). He married NANCY CREEL February 20, 1810 in Culpepper County, Virginia.
- Marriage Notes for LEWIS AYLOR and NANCY CREEL:
- They had eight children.
- Children of LEWIS AYLOR and NANCY CREEL are:
- 5. i. STAUNTON5 AYLOR, b. Abt. 1815, Culpepper County, Virginia; d. September 28, 1892, Jasper County, Missouri.
- ii. RICHARD H. AYLOR.
- iii. THOMAS JEFFERSON AYLOR, b. 1827; d. 1865, Point Lookout, Maryland; m. LOUISA HARTSOOK, December 22, 1847.
- Notes for THOMAS JEFFERSON AYLOR:
- Thomas was a confederate soldier, captured in October 1864, and died in the federal prison at Point Lookout, Maryland in 1865, and is buried there.
- Marriage Notes for THOMAS AYLOR and LOUISA HARTSOOK:
- They had no children.
- Larry Aylor
Help fund new features!