Facts and Events
Records in North Carolina
- Wilkes Co., NC Land Entry Book 1778-1781
- 27 Oct. 1778 (also same on 20 Sept. 1779)
- Henerous Stonecypher E. 100 ac. waters Lewis Fork near Calloways Mtn. or Absalom Wigins claim. :(Henerous Stonecypher marked out... Nicklis Angel written in-entry #481)
- Wilkes Co., NC Court Min. 1778-1788
- "Ord. Henericus Stonesypher be released from the forfeiture of his recognizance for which an Excuse is now issued to Rowan Co. ...to surrender body Jesse Gullet for whom he was bonded to Larkin Cleveland in discharge of his recognizance." 1786
- ◦From "Stonecipher Family" Fayette Facts, XVII No. 3, taken from "The Stonecipher Tree" by Mary Underwood:
- "Henricus Stonecipher m. Katherine. They went to North Carolina in 1765-1770, lived in Surry Co., later to Wilkes Co., 1777 and Ash County, North Carolina in 1779."
- [Citation: http://www.alabama-bound.info/getperson.php?personID=I0676&tree=family].
Henricus (Henry) Stonecipher