- Hannah Milhous (1)1885 - 1967
Facts and Events
||7 MAR 1885
||Butlerville, Jennings, Indiana, USA
||25 Jun 1908
||Los Angeles, California, United Statesto Francis Anthony "Frank" NIXON
||30 SEP 1967
||Whittier, Los Angeles, California, USA
||Rose Hills Memorial Park, Whittier, Los Angeles, California, United States
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Hannah Milhous Nixon (March 7, 1885 – September 30, 1967) was the mother of President Richard Nixon.
She was born near Butlerville, Indiana, the daughter of Almira Park (née Burdg), who was from Columbiana County, Ohio, and Franklin Milhous, a native of Colerain Township, Belmont County, Ohio. She was married to Francis A. Nixon and had five children:
Richard Nixon described his mother as "a Quaker saint." She is acknowledged to have exerted a tremendous effect on her son's outlook throughout his life. On the day Nixon left office, he publicly lauded his mother's influence, calling her a "saint," but surmised that no one would ever write a book about her.
Mary Steenburgen portrayed Hannah Nixon in the 1995 Oliver Stone film Nixon.
Mother of U.S. President Richard M. Nixon
- ↑ Sharon Bearce (firstname.lastname@example.org). number number Our RoyalAncestors.
- Hannah Milhous Nixon, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. (Online: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.).
- ↑ Hannah Milhous Nixon, in Find A Grave.