Facts and Events
The birth county was determined from the pension papers of Jonathan Hughes, in which he said where he was living at the time of the birth of this child. Jonathan said he removed "to Greenbrier County VA in middle of January 1792 until he removed in 1808 to Harrison County, Virginia." A timeline of her parent's various locations, based on Jonathan's pension application is available.
1850 Census Dist 13, Doddridge Co., Virginia
Adam Ash 49 M farmer VA
Hannah Ash 45 F VA
Christopher Ash 19 M farmer VA
Bainbridge Ash 17 m farmer VA
Catharine Ash 15 F VA
Jacob Ash 14 M VA
Thomas Ash 12 M VA
Anderson Ash 9 M VA
Aaron Ash 6 M VA
Sarah J. Ash 1 F VA
Stephen Ash 23 M VA (has underline in married w/i the yr column, but no check mark)
Sarah J. Ash 18 F VA (has underline in married w/i the yr column, but no check mark)
The following Notes from Suzan Wedig:
"Hannah is one of the few children of Jonathan and Abigail who married outside the Seventh Day Baptist faith. (from personal research)."
"Will of grandmother, Susannah Hughes, Hannah was given a cow, calf, red heffer and a ewe with lambs. In the will, Hannah is listed immediately after her father, Jonathan."
"Hannah married July 8, 1859 to William Lloyd Davis after death of Adam Ash in Harrison Co. (W)VA. Davis was first married to Catherine Ash, sister of Adam Ash."
"1870 Federal census - Tyler Co., WV McElroy Dist. Living with daughter and son-in-law, Sarah and Ellis Underwood."
Another user has added the following comment though the above 1850 census lists Hannah with her husband in 1850 - and the Hannah in this Ohio census was born in New York. Continuing efforts to resolve this issue.
"1850 Federal census Ohio - Hannah and her sister Martha went on an extended visit to see Hannah's daughter Maria Louisa Harrison in Ohio and were included vaguely in census. There were family issues. Per letters."
- ↑ Website: www.jacksonfamilygenealogy/researchnotesindex/timelineJonathanHughes.htm.
- ↑ United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Dist 13, Doddridge Co., Virginia.
Hannah was 45 yrs old, born in VA
- ↑ Doddridge County Roots, a West Virginia Genealogy.
- Harrison County Marriage Records, in West Virginia, United States. Vital Research Records Search Selection. (West Virginia, United States: West Virginia Archives and History).
http://www.wvculture.org/vrr/va_view.aspx?Id=42472&Type=Marriage. Scroll right.
Marriage bond given on 22 Dec 1823 by Adam Ash and Martin Hughes.
- Rootsweb chart of Kurt Cook: Cook - Letham Families. (http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:1039006).