Gilbert FitzRichard de Clare, 1st Earl of Hertford
Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Gilbert FitzRichard de Clare, 1st Earl of Hertford (–1152), was Lord of Clare and created 1st Earl of Hertford by Stephen, King of England
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Gilbert de Clare, 1st Earl of Hertford, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia.
- ↑ Baronial Family in Medieval England: The Clares.
- Gilbert de Clare, 1st Earl of Hertford, in Lundy, Darryl. The Peerage: A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe.
- GILBERT, in Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families.
- Cokayne, George Edward, and Vicary Gibbs; et al. The complete peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, extant, extinct, or dormant [2nd ed.]. (London: St. Catherine Press, 1910-59), Volume 3 page 244.
Help fund new features!