Facts and Events
Gideon Harrison was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
- Gideon HARRISON
- ABT 1773 - 1797
- Repository ID Number: I1706
- RESIDENCE: Rockingham Co.VA; NC Bef 1788; GA Bef 1790
- BIRTH: ABT 1773, Rockingham Co., VA (INCORRECT!, WAS MUCH EARLIER)
- DEATH: 1797, Green Co., GA
- BURIAL: Son Davis Admin Estate [S320]
- RESOURCES: See: Likely Son,, [S21] [S67] [S224] [S320]
- Father: Zebulon HARRISON
- Mother: Margaret CRAVENS
- Family 1 : Mary BRYAN (BRIAN)
- MARRIAGE: 26 Apr 1784, Harrisonburg, VA [S420]
- Davis HARRISON
- Robert HARRISON
- + William D. HARRISON
- Margaret "Peggy" HARRISON
- Elizabeth "Betty" HARRISON
- DOB must be incorrect - not sure where that info came from... should be more like 1763.
- Marriage Bond: Isaiah Harrison, Rockingham Co. VA, dau of John Brian.
- Gideon's children are mentioned in the will of Josiah Harrison in Christian Co. KY mentions Reuben and Robert brothers. Gideon died in GA, his wife remarried a Luckey. This Gideon md. Mary Brian 1784-son of Zebulon and Margaret. Migrated to NC prior to 1788; from there to GA prior to 1790. d. Green Co GA abt 1790-est set 1797, widow remarried 1801 John Luckey.
- Children : Robert, Marg. Eliz, Wm(1788-1870 md 1815 Susan Kindrick). Davis H. administered estate.
- Georgia claimed the land from Savannah to the Miss river for sometime until the Federal Govt said no! This may be why Michael H. and the Tenn Land Co could not give good title. Also, Zachariah Cox, Tenn Land Co was in GA too. Michael H. was his atty, as well as Beatles & Estill all in the Tenn Land Co. Land speculation.
- A likely relation of Gideon, who was at the Kings Mtn battle with Capt. Beatle, Nathaniel Harrison, (Pension 1833, age 76 in Blount Co, Tn) and John Craig. (Col Sevier's NC Reg). Gideon also served under Capt. Weir 1781, Indian Creek & Cherokee tours (inclds GA). Died in Rutherford Co, TN 1838. [S51] [S420] [S320] [S45]
- [Citation: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~harrisonrep/Harrison/d0067/g0000040.html#I1706]
Help fund new features!