Facts and Events
George Michael Wilfong was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land in Virginia:
- Page 58 - Michael Wiltfeng, 111 acres, South Branch of the Potomack. April 24, 1766. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 23].
- Page 191 - Michael Wiltfong, 50 acres, South Branch Potomac. (prob. Dec. 1771). [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 69].
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 112.-- (16th November, 1779. Recorded. Michael Mallow's estate sale) - Above estate settled--Paid Thos. Branan, John Wiss, Thos.Sumfield, Michael Wilfong, Cathrine Moser, Jacob Stookie.
- Vol.1 - AUGUST 15, 1780. - (265a) John McCoy, James Woods, George Puffenberry--to view road from Capt. McCoy's, in Bull Pasture, to Michael Wilfong's, thence over the mountain to the Gap of the North River.
- ↑ Oren Morten's History of Pendleton Co.