Stuckey, George. He was in Windsor by 1640, purchasing land originally granted to John Taylor; built a house and sold to Richard Weller in 1645. That was probably the date of his removal to Fairfield, where he purchased property from Nicholas Knell, and sold it to Giles Smith, who had it recorded in his name 17 Dec. 1651. We must suppose that he had a wife when he built in Windsor, and that she died; and he appears to have m. (2) the widow [Elizabeth] of a "Goodman" Close who was living in 1645. He bought land in Stamford, 1650, and his wife Elizabeth d. there 4 Sept. 1656. He m. (3) 29 Oct. 1657, Ann Quinby. She was widow of William Quinby of Stratford. He d. 28 Nov. 1660, and his widow removed with her children to Westchester, N. Y. Will 23 Aug. 1660; wife Ann; dau. Elizabeth; Mary sister of Thomas Close; Hannah Close; dau.-in-law Mary Close.