George W. Phillips
Facts and Events
||George W. Phillips
Civil War Service
- Corporal, Company D, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 10 July 1862
- Appointed Corporal 24 August 1863
- Mustered out 20 June 1865 at Knoxville, Tennessee
- The Organization Index to Pension Files states that he was also in Company A, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery. However, he does not appear on the roster of that company, nor does it indicate a transfer.
- Application 1013320; Certificate 825185
- Widow's Pension: Application 794651, Certificate 568016
- ↑ Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
Help fund new features!