Facts and Events
George Peery was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
George Peery's land (Beverley Manor NW, 360 acres, 1749) as shown on the map meticulously drawn by J.R. Hildebrand, cartographer. This map is copyrighted©, used by permission of John Hildebrand, son of J.R. Hildebrand, April, 2009.
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 628.--28th February, 1749. Same (From William Beverley) to George Perry, 360 acres in Beverley Manor. Corner George Vance; James Lockhart's line. Teste: Robert and David Conningham.
Will of George Peery
- Page 305.--29th April, 1802. George Peery's (Pierie) will--To son, James; son, John; son, William; to daughter, Margaret Owens; daughter, Jean Johnson; to daughter, Mary Hays; daughter, Sarah; daughter, Elizabeth Andrews; daughter, Martha; granddaughter, Esther (Easter); daughter to daughter Jean. Executors, son James Peery, James Berry. Teste: James Berry, Frederick Henger, Maria (mark) Henger. Proved, 26th September, 1803. Berry qualifies.
Records of George Peery in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 84.--24th April, 1758. Alexander Ritchey, late of Augusta County, in Virginia, blacksmith, but now of Augusta in the Province of Georgia, to Robt. Campbell, of Augusta County, planter, power attorney to deed 300 acres and joining Adam Thompson and George Perry and a Little Mount called the Sugar Loaf. Teste: Dugald Campbell, John Clark. Executed in Georgia and proved here by Jno. Clark.
- Page 312.--15th May, 1770. Robert Beverley, of Essex, to Henry Black, £16, 200 acres in Beverley Manor; corner Duncan McFarland, George Peary's line; Alexander Reachey's line. Delivered: H'y Black, August, 178_.
- Page 78.--1st October, 1773. William Mitchell and Rebecca ( ), of 1st part; Margaret ( ) Sprowl, widow and relict of Samuel Sprowl, deceased, of 2d part; James Patterson and Sarah ( ) and Alex. Thompson and Martha ( ) of 3d part; George Peerey of 4th part. Samuel Sproul devised one-half of 210 acres to Mitchell with remainder in other half after death of widow; died leaving three daughters, who are women above. Mitchell has sold his interest to George Peerey. Delivered: George Peerey's son, February, 1782.
- Page 534.--19th June, 1787. Andrew ( ) Shown to Samuel Merit, tract on Lewis' Creek where Leonard Shown, deceased, formerly lived. (Note: record follows: Page 536.--Tract whereon George Peery now lives.).
Help fund new features!