- George W. Morrowabt 1801 - 1892
Facts and Events
A descendant of George's son Hugh has had his DNA tested as part of the MorrowDNA Project. His results match descendants of John Morrow m. Mariah Cox (also of Washington Co, AR) and Hugh Morrow m. Margaret Holmes (of Jefferson Co, AL). Although the participant has only tested 25 markers, and the 24/25 result indicates only a 60% chance of a common male ancestor within 8 generations (the participants are all 7-8 generations removed from common ancestor John Morrow), the other participants have tested more markers, and the relationships hold. Most notably, one matches 36/37 (or a 90% chance of a common ancestor within 8 generations) with a descendant of one of John's brothers, Hugh d. 1852 in Pontotoc, MS. These results are all consistent with the men being grandsons of George Morrow d. 1790 Abbeville, SC, m. Mary Calhoun. In addition, the results rule out descent from the most commonly shown Morrow pedigree, originating in Norfolk, VA.
- ↑ Washington, Arkansas, United States. 1880 U.S. Census Population Schedule.
Geo. W. Morrow
Birth Year <1801>
Marital Status W <Widowed>
Race W <White>
Head of Household Geo. W. MORROW
Father's Birthplace SC
Mother's Birthplace SC
Census Place Vineyard, Washington, Arkansas
Family History Library Film 1254058
- ↑ Washington, Arkansas, United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule.
George Morrow 49 SC (Cent. Pres clergyman), Elizabeth 52 KY; James 24 AR; Robert 18 AR; Jane Buchanan 80 IRL. (Vineyard, p. 420a, 10/1/1850)
- ↑ Washington, Arkansas, United States. 1860 U.S. Census Population Schedule.
1860 Washington Co, AR: George Morrow 51 SC C.P. Preacher, Elizabeth 63 KY; Hugh 32 AR; William Candler 31 NC (doc), Mary 30 AR; Elizabeth 2 (Vineyard, p. 495, 6/5/1860) George living down a few houses in household of woman whose name I can’t read.
- ↑ Washington, Arkansas, United States. 1870 U.S. Census Population Schedule.
1870 Washington Co, AR: George Marrow 69 SC, E. 72 KY; G.W. 28 AR (Boonsboro, Vineyard Twp, p. 245, Jul 1870)
- ↑ Gedcom from David B. Morrow, grandson of Hugh James Morrow [grand-nephew of this George]. Received 12 June 2004. Based on family research conducted by his father’s generation.