Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
George Mason II (1660–1716) was an early American planter and statesman. Mason was the grandfather of George Mason IV, a Founding Father of the United States.
Early Land Acquisition in Virginia
Acquisition of Land from Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants:
- 3-261: George Mason of Stafford County, 48 acres in fork of Acquia run in Stafford Co. adj. Carreys (Carey) land, corner of Peytons, on Main Run. Wrnt. 12 Feb. Last. Surv. by Thomas Gregg. 20 July 1710. [Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants, 1694-1742, Vol. 1, Gertrude E. Gray, pg. 44].
Information on Col. George Mason
- George MASON was the son of Colonel George MASON. This George married three times.
- 1. Mary FOWKES daughter of Colonel Gerard FOWKES
- 2. Elizabeth WAUGH daughter of John WAUGH and Elizabeth
- 3. Sarah FRENCH
Col. George MASON II of "Gunston Hall"
1660 - 10 Nov 1716
ID Number: I42399
RESIDENCE: Stafford Co. VA & Charles Co. MD
BIRTH: 1660, Accokeep, Stafford County, Virginia
DEATH: 10 Nov 1716, Port Tobacco, Charles County, Maryland [S1670]
BURIAL: Stafford Co. VA
RESOURCES: See: [S613] [S1670] [S1850] [S2097] [S2289]
Father: George MASON I
Mother: Mary FRENCH
- Family 1 : Mary (Sarah) FOWKE
- MARRIAGE: 1688
- +Anne Fowke MASON
- Elizabeth MASON
- +George MASON III
- Nicholson MASON
- French MASON
- +Mary MASON
- +Simpha Rosa Ann Field MASON
- Family 2 : Elizabeth WAUGH
- MARRIAGE: 1706, Stafford Co. VA
- +Catherine MASON
- Family 3 : Sarah TALIAFERRO
- MARRIAGE: 1710, VA
- Francis MASON
- Gerard MASON
- Thomas MASON
- +Sarah MASON
Children: i Catherine Mason b. 21 Jun 1707. ii Ann Fowke Mason. iii Mary Mason." [S2342]
- Ancestry Family Trees. (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members.), This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was .