Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
George Mason III (1690 – 5 March 1735) was an early American planter, businessman, and statesman. Mason was the father of George Mason IV, a Founding Father of the United States.
Record of George Mason in Orange County, VA
- Mason admir. of Mason vs. Mounts.
- Ann Mason, widow and admx. of George Mason, Gent., deceased, vs. Joseph Mounts. for debt of £24.18. [___] and £30 damage.
- Account of Col. George Mason against Joseph Mounts, Indian trader, 15 Jan. 1729-30 and against Abel Pearson, 29 Dec. 1729 to 10 Feb. 1729-30 (the balance of whose debt Mounts agreed to pay). Signed 24 Nov. 1731 by John Bradford and sworn before John Beall.
- Letter of Saml. Johnson to Collo. Mason, 24 Sept. 1734, stating that he has left an account between "us" with Mr. Contee to whom he desires Mason to pay the balance, £8.12.1½ sterling. Edwd. Cartlidge receipts, 28 7br [Sept.] 1734, for £24.18.10 sterling received from Geo. Mason, Joseph Mounts and Abell Parsons, for 352 pounds of tobacco.
- Jury: James Turner, Thos. Simms, Samll. Morris, Jno. Ingram, George Home, Thos. Bumpus, Jno. Read, Jno. Burk, Wm. Smither, Jno. Chisam, James Cox, Wm. Richason.
- Jury finds for plaintiff £24.18.10 current money damage.
- G. Home, forman. [Orange County Virginia Judgements, Dorman, pg. 71].
Help fund new features!