Facts and Events
George Mallow was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 802.--9th March, 1765. Teawalt ( ) Hannan and Sarah ( ) to George Mallow, £30, 50 acres between Peeked Mountain and Shanandore, devised to Teawalt by his father Jacob, Price's line. Teste: John Madison, John Madison, Jr., Peter Miller. Delivered: George Mallow, May, 1776.
- Page 804.--9th March, 1765. Peter ( ) Hannon and Margaret ( ) to George Mallow, £60, 104 acres between Peeked Mountain and Shanandore River, devised to Peter by his father Jacob by will dated 18th September, 1761; corner Peter Harmon, Jr.; corner Teawalt Hannon; corner Augustine Price; corner Jacob Harman's line. Delivered: George Mallow, May, 1776.
- Vol. 2 - LAND ENTRY BOOK NO. 1, AUGUSTA COUNTY - 1749, April 8th--John Harmon, 200 (acres), Stony Run, joining Jacob Harmon, to Peaked Mountain; July 2d, 1753, entered one right, transferred to George Malow. (Note: it is not indicated when the rights to this land was transferred to George Mallow).
- Book OII, pg. 2, George Mallow, 186 acres, Adjoining Sniders, Hermans (prob. s/b Harmon's). May 12, 1780. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 97].
Records of George Mallow in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 244.--4th September, 1765. John McMahan and Isabella of Frederick County, to Benj. Logan, £100, 400 acres on North River of Shanandow on the next spring branch below the mouth of Cooks Creek. Delivered: George Mallo, March, 1773.
- Page 377.--15th March, 1768. Barnet Man and Ann Margret ( ) to John Man, £10, 120 acres, part of 320 acres patented to Bamet, 12th May, 1759, on Stoney Run; corner George Mann's land. Teste: George Mallow, Jacob ( ) Man. Delivered: Jno. Mann, 31st May, 1773.
- Page 239.--17th August, 1769. Settlement recorded of estate of Stephen Conrad (Geo. Conrod, executor)--Paid, viz: Jacob Bear, John Fudge, Jno. Michl. Stophelmire, Mathias Kersh, Michl. Summy, Jno. Seller, Valentine Mitcher, Paul Lingal, Mauks Swadley, Jacob Archinbright, Peter Smith, Saml. Maggot, Michl. Shirley, Jacob Shell, Christian Pikle, Jacob Peters, Conrad Peterfish, George Fullingar, Geo. Mallo.
- Page 514.--10th December, 1771. Loudawick Fridley's estate appraised by Archibald Huston, Augustine Price, George Mallow.
- Page 478.- (not dated, appears to be abt. 20 May, 1777) -80 acres patented to John Couts 1st March, 1773. Teste: George Malloa, Jacob Nicolas, Gasper Haines.
- Vol. 1 - MAY 18, 1787. - (293) George Mallow--witness from Rockingham.
Help fund new features!