Facts and Events
George Koiner was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
George Koiner's land (Beverley Manor NE, 100 acres, 1805) as shown on the map meticulously drawn by J.R. Hildebrand, cartographer. This map is copyrighted©, used by permission of John Hildebrand, son of J.R. Hildebrand, April, 2009. (Note: land of Casper Koiner (344 acres, 1806), George Koiner's brother, is adjoining his land to the southwest).
Records of George Koiner in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1794--June 3, George Coiner and John Hawpe, surety. George Coiner and Susanna Hawp, daughter of Rudolph Hawp (German), (consent). Teste: Geo. Almeroth, John Hawpe. (Note: this marriage record appears to be for George Koiner's son, George, Jr.).
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1794--November 18, Adam Hawp and Geo. Coiner, surety. Adam Hawp and Catharine Coiner, daughter of Geo. Koiner (German).
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1800--April 14, Henry Impotin and George Coiner, surety. Henry Impotin and Jane Coiner, daughter of said George Coiner. Henry is of age. Signed Heinrich Imboden.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1800--June 9, Lewis Mowry, Jr., and George Koiner, surety. Lewis Mowry, Jr., and Margaret Coiner.
- Page 286.--15th July, 1796. Michael (mark) Coiner's will--To wife, Margaret, house to be built by son Christian. Division among sons, except Frederick (lunatick). To sons, George, Conrad, George Michael, Gasper, John, Martin, Jacob, Christian, Philip; to daughters, Elizabeth Paisley, Mary Edebaugh, Cathrine Slagle. Executors, sons George and Kasper. Teste: Robt. Porterfield, Benj. Kennerley, John Conner. Proved, 20th June. 1797 (having been heretofore proved by witnesses) recorded, to which Christian Balsley appeals. At a District Court 7th September, 1797. affirmed excent to codicil, which is rejected. And now County Court, 19th September, 1797, Gasper Coiner qualifies. George refuses.
- Public Member Trees. (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2006.Original data - Family trees submitted by Ancestry members.Original data: Family trees submitted by Ancestry members.), Ancestry Family Trees.
- Michael Koiner Memorial Association (Staunton, Virginia). A Historical sketch of Michael Keinadt and Margaret Diller, his wife: the history and genealogy of their numerous posterity in the American states, up to the year 1893 : supplement, 1941, Koiner, Kyner, Coiner, Coyner. (Staunton, Virginia: Campfield Printing, 1941).