Facts and Events
George Jameson was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
George Jameson's land (Borden Tract NE, 336 acres, acquired from William Adams in 1763) as shown on the map meticulously drawn by J.R. Hildebrand, cartographer. This map is copyrighted©, used by permission of John Hildebrand, son of J.R. Hildebrand, April, 2009.
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 620.--17th November, 1763. William Adims (Adams) to George Jemison, £50, 336 acres in Borden's tract on Moffet's Creek; David Hays' line. James Trimble's'line. Teste: Wm. McCutchan, Wm. Kennedy. Samuel Steel. Jno. Handly, Andrew Kennady, Wm. Edmiston. Delivered: George Jamison, 17th January, 1787.
Records of George Jameson in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 472.--20th December, 1752. William Jamison's will. Wife, Sarah, executrix. Eldest son, John; 237 acres on Jackson River. Sons, George and Andrew. Son, William. Teate: Saml. Hodge, Thos. Gillham. 21st March, 1753, proved by both witnesses, and Sarah qualified, with sureties David Dryden, Robert Armstrong.
- Page 270.--23d June, 1763. Robt. Bratton's settlement of estate of James Dunlap, approved and recorded--Paid Hugh Wardlaw, Ro. Lusk, Lettice Breckinridge, Joseph Wahob (Wauchut), Jas. Simpson, Thos. Gillespy, Jos. Mays, Henry Cartmill, James Means, David Dryden, Jas. Burnsides, Thos. Vance, Archd. Clendenning, Lawrence Huntsman, Thos. Thompson, John Low. Received from Capt. Christian, being arrears due Capt. Dunlap. Received from Capt. Hog, due for pay. Received from George Jameson. Received from Capt. Hog, account of James Ramsey.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 22, 1764. - (70) Commission for examination of Mary Adams, wife of William Adams in deed William to George Jameson.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 24, 1767. - (301) George Jamison vs. James McDowell and John Cloyd } Abates by death of John Cloyd.
- Page 320.--19th September, 1769. Patrick Martin's will: To wife, Jane: to sons, George and Andrew; to sons, Joseph and James; to daughter, Miry Patterson. Executors, wife, Jane, and George Martin. Teste: George Jameson, James McNutt, Alex. Montgomery. Proved, 21st August, 1770, by Jameson. George Martin qualifies executor, with Joseph Berry, James Buchanan, Alex. McNutt.
- Page 375.--28th August, 1770. Patrick Martin's estate appraised by Thomas Berry, Saml. McCutchen, Geo. Jaineson.
- Page 250.--13th August, 1774. Margaret Rutherford's estate appraised by John Walker, Michael Couter, George Jameson--Bonds on Thomas Hutson.
- Page 453.--29th October, 1776. David Hays' estate appraised by George Jameson, Andrew Kinnear, David Buchanan.
- Page 514.--15th May, 1777. David Hays' estate appraised by George Jameson, Andrew Kinneer.
- Vol. 2 - Tithables, 1781; William McPheeters's List: Geo. Jameson.
- Vol. 2 - Pg. 279, Marriage Bond - 1785--April 16, Thomas Beard and Sarah Jameson, daughter of George Jameson, of Augusta.
- ↑ Ancestry.com/Ancestry Family Trees: Public Members Trees.
Help fund new features!