George Fridley, Sr.
Facts and Events
George Fridley was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 166.--20th December. 1753. Same (Patent from James Patton) to George Fridley, 100 acres patented as supra, on Craig's Creek.
- Page 900.--18th March, 1765. Henry Long and Catrina ( ) to George Fridley, £20, 120 acres between Picked Mountain and Shenandore River, part of 250 acres patented to Henry, 20th August, 1760; Jacob Hannon's line, corner Peter (?) Miller's land. Delivered: Jacob Pence, 16th April, 1779.
Processioning List of 1767/68
- "Processioning" was the periodic review and agreement of property lines between settler's lands. Processioning Lists are useful in determining the general area of a settlers lands and their neighbors at specific time periods:
- Page 448.--1767-68: Processioned by Augustine Price and Frederick Armontrout, viz: For Peter Teasler, for Peter Seller, for Michael Shurle, for John Coutts, for Jacob Man, for John Man, for Jacob Herman, tor Henry Long for George Mellow, for Anthony Aeiler, for Jacob Nicholas, for John Hetrick, for Henry Seller, for Alveness Roy(g)ers, for Christopher Deter for George Man, for Peter Miller, for George Miller, for George Fridle, for Peter Herman, Jr.; for Augustine Price, Anthony Aeiler present; for Jacob Arcebright, for Adam Heterick, for Adam Pens, for Jacob Miller, for James Fraiser, for Thomas Burke, for Peachey Gilmore for Charles Rush, for Fredk. Armentrout, for David Fraizer, for Jno. Craige.
Records of George Fridley in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - List of Delinquents - 1755--List of Robert Breckinridge, Sheriff: George Fredly.
- Page 223.--18th September, 1768. Henry Long and Catharine ( ) to Jacob Arkinbright, £31.10, 125 acres, remainder of 250 acres patented 12th August, 1760, to said Henry, the other moiety being sold to George Fridley, on a branch between the Peaked Mountain and Shanandoah River. Teste: Adam Pence, Jacob Pence, John Archenbright. Delivered: Jacob Archembright, August, 1769.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County, 1799--September 4, George Fridley and Henry Armontrout, surety. George Fridley and Peggy Armontrout (German). Witness, Will Loving. (Note: this record is referring to George Fridley, Jr., son of this George Fridley).
- Vol. 2 - Marriage in Augusta County - 1799, Sept. 4th, George Fridley and Peggy Armentrot. (Note: this record is referring to George Fridley, Jr., son of this George Fridley).