Facts and Events
George Forbes was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land in Augusta county, VA
- George Forbes (Forbush) acquired land in Augusta County on "Beaver Dam Run", which is on the Shenandoah River, sometime prior to the disposition listed below. The deed listing the acquisition does not appear to be listed in Chalkley's [a search of Augusta County Deeds may uncover this record].
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 5.--6th August, 1748. George Forbush, farmer, and wife Olive, farmer, to Jno. Miller, weaver, Beaver Dam Run, Barnard McHenry's line. Delivered: Jno. Miller, Jr., 3d February, 1755.
- Will Abstracts, Rowan County, North Carolina, Vol. 1, 1753-1805 A:58.
- GEORGE FORBIS. Nov. 27, 1768. Wife Olif. Gran-dau: Olif.
- Robert, James, George, John Forbis. Elizabeth Jones. Mary Bryan.
- Exrs: Sons Robert & James. Wit
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - SEPTEMBER, 1746. - John Hite vs. James Gill and George Forbush.--Defendants and plaintiff of Orange County. 18th August, 1743.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 21, 1747. - (335) McCuney vs. George Forbush and Olive, his wife.
- Vol. 1 - APRIL 20, 1748. - (3) Wm. Waldon, John State, Geo. Forbush and Chas. Daley, appraisers.
- Page 106.--26th August, 1748. Samuel Adams' appraisement by George Forbush, John States, Wm. Walling.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 19, 1766. - (340) Wm. Herbert, gent., qualified administrator of Robert Andrew. George Forbes, appraiser.
- ↑ .
Help fund new features!