Person:George Evick (1)

Watchers
Find records: death
George Evick, of Straight Creek, Pendleton County, VA
b.1742
  1. Francis Evick, of South Branch, Potomac Riverest 1741 - 1814
  2. George Evick, of Straight Creek, Pendleton County, VA1742 - 1800
  • HGeorge Evick, of Straight Creek, Pendleton County, VA1742 - 1800
  • WEve Unknown1764 - 1814
  1. Barbara Evickabt 1770 -
  2. Sarah Evickbef 1775 -
  3. Catherine Evickbef 1781 -
  4. Adam Evick1782 - 1855
  5. Christian Evick1786 - 1866
  6. George Evick1790 - 1814
  7. Francis Evickbef 1800 - 1817
  8. John Evick1800 -
Facts and Events
Name George Evick, of Straight Creek, Pendleton County, VA
Alt Name George Evock
Gender Male
Birth? 1742
Death? 1800 Straight Creek, Pendleton County, Virginia

George Evick was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia

Contents

Welcome to
Old Augusta

Early Settlers
Beverley Manor
Borden's Grant
Register
Data
Maps
Places
Library
History
Index

……………………..The Tapestry
Families Old Chester OldAugusta Germanna
New River SWVP Cumberland Carolina Cradle
The Smokies Old Kentucky

__________________________

Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA

Land Grant Surveys in Virginia:


  • Francis and George Evock, 160 acres South Branch of Potomac. Adjoining George Dyces. Aug. 27, 1769. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 57].


Records in Virginia

From Will of William Janes:


“a tract of land lying on Straight Creek, which formerly has and does now in part belong to the heirs of George Evick Sen.”
References
  1.   The Okie Legacy.

    In Oren Frederic Morton's 1910(12) book on the "History of Pendleton County, West Virginia," we learn in chapter XVII, about "The Town of Franklin." In 1769 Francis and George Evick surveyed 160 acres of land on the left bank of the South Branch. This is on a portion of this tract that Franklin was built. George Evick appeared to have lived across the river at the mouth of the Evick gap. The early home of Francis was near a spring that issued from the hillside above the upper street and near the Ruddle tannery.