Facts and Events
George Clency was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Revolutionary War Pension Information
Information from “Virginia/West Virginia Genealogical Data from Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty Land Warrant Records”, Vol. 1, compiled by Patrick G. Wardell, Lt. Col. U.S. Army Ret., pg. 213:
- Clency, George - entered service 1776 in Staunton, Augusta County, Virginia; Pensioned Montgomery County, Ohio 1832 age 85. R-577.
From "Journal: 1st-13th congress . Repr. 14th Congress, 1st session - 50th Congress, 2nd session", pub. by United States Congress, House, 1826, pg. 203:
- On motion of Mr. McLean, of Ohio,
- Resolved, That the Committee on Military Pensions be instructed to inquire into the expediency of granting a pension to George Clency, a soldier of the Revolution, and now a citizen of Montgomery county, Ohio.
From The Ohio Magazine, edited by Webster Perit Huntington, Vol. 1, pg. 56:
- Revolutionary War Veterans buried in Ohio:
- George Clency, Montgomery County, 96 Years.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Find A Grave.
BORN VA 1747
1776 VA 1779
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Goad, Betsie M. Gricar. Cemetery Listings of Revolutionary War Soldiers Known to Be Buried in Montgomery County Ohio. (Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio: Jonathan Dayton Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution, 2013).
Help fund new features!