Facts and Events
George Brach was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Virginia
Acquisition of Land from Northern Neck Warrants & Surveys:
- George Brach, assignee of Rudell Brach, 31 May 1749 - 22 June 1749; 224 acres 20 perches on Holemans Creek; adj. Mary Hill, widow, Peter Courtne (?) on Holemans Creek where the said George Brach's father formerly lived. From verso of survey - George Brach, son of Rudell Brach, dec'd. CC - James Hart & Isaac Johnson. Capt. John Dobkin present on survey. Surv. George Byrne. [Abstracts of Virginia's Northern Neck Warrants & Surveys, Orange & Augusta Counties, with Tithables, Delinquents, Petitioners, 1730-1754, Volume One, Peggy Smomo Joyner, pg. 21].
Acquisition of Land from Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants:
- G-367: George Brock of Augusta County, 224 acres, 20 Perch in said Co. Surv. Mr. Byrne. Adj. Mary Hill wid., Peter Courtner, on Holeman's Creek, where George Brock's Father formerly lived. 29 Feb. 1749. [Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants, 1742-1775, Vol. 2, Gertrude E. Gray, pg. 41].
Records in Augusta County, VA
- Page 93.--16th January, 1748-9. Rudal Brock's will--Son, Frederick; son, George; daughter, Christiana Funkhouser; daughter, Julian Brock; daughter, Eve. Executors, John Dobikin and Wm. James. Teste: John Henry Neff, Peter Gartner, Hans Ber. Proved, 15th February, 1748, by Peter Gartner and John Bare.
- Page 107.--15th February, 1748. Daniel Holdman and Peter Gartner's bond as guardian of Julia, George and Elsye Brock, orphans of Rudal Brock.
- Page 19.--16th March, 1750. Robert Stapleton and Catherine to Charles Stapleton, 200 acres, part of tract granted to Thos. Holdman by Fairfax 3d February, 1749, and by Holdman to Stapleton. Cor. George Brock and Peter Gartner, Ruddle's line. Robert (his mark) Stapleton. Catherine (her mark) Stapleton. [Note: this record is transcribed in 1750, but the remainder of the records on this page were dated in 1753-1754].
- Page 255.--28th August, 1750. Daniel Holdman's account against estate of Rudy Brock for services done to the children--3d November, 1750, cash paid for George Brock's land; Efey Brock's share of grain.
- Page 218.--19th May, 1752. Thomas Haldman and Mary to Robert Stapleton, 428 acres, 3d February, 1749. On South Fork of Haldman's Creek, patent from Fairfax; corner George Brock; Peter Gartezer's survey; Mary Hill's line; Ruddle's line. Delivered: Chas. Stapleton, October, 1763. Teste: Mathias Selzer, Wm. Newman.