b.25 DEC 1733
Facts and Events
George Adams was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of George Adams in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - Patrick Calhoun vs. Parris and Adams.--John Parris and George Adams. Bond to James Calhoun, of Augusta, 9th September, 1754. Adams pleads that he was 20 years and 9 months old when bond was given. Agnes Adams, mother of George, testifies that he was 30 years old Christmas, 1763. She sent him from Pennsylvania to Virginia and wrote letters to her friends at Red Creek. (Note: this record establishes George Adams birthdate of 25 December 1733).
- Page 54.--18th August, 1761. Daniel Looneys (Luney) appraisement, by George Adams, Thos. Ramsey, John Miller--Two nurseries of apple trees. Due by John McFall.
- Page 55.--18th August, 1761. Peter Luney's appraisement, by Geo. Adams, Thos. Ramsey, Robt. Montgomery--Cash, etc. Due by Jno. Miller, Thos. Ramsey, Joseph McMortry, Wm. Boyd, Wm. Bird, James Ledderdale, David Luney.
- Page 73.--19th August, 1761. John Miller, David Miller, George Adams' bond for Mary Miller's administration of John Ingles' estate.
- Page 204.--4th February, 1763. John Sloan, of Roan County, North Carolina, to John Adams, £35, 300 acres on Loonie's Mill Creek. Teste: John Buchanan, David Luney, Benj. Davis, Abraham McClelan, George Adams, Hugh ( ) McNelle.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 19, 1767. - (219) George Adams appd. Constable, vice Wm. Montgomery.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 18, 1768. - (316) Constable: John Boyd, vice George Adams.
Will of George Adams
- County. Louisa, Book: 5, Page: 460, George Adams, Type: Will, Date: Feb 14, 1814
- Will George Adams of Louisa, to my wife Agness that part of my land my son Wilson now resides on the line dividing Louisa from Goochland adjoining Three Notched Road, Jesse Shelton, the county line, cattle, bed & furniture, plantation tools, etc, Negro named Moses, £40 of "the redemption money" during her natural life. to son James land whereon I reside, bed and furniture and residue of personal estate. :Also land and other properties lent to wife at her death to be equally divided between my children viz. 1/9 to son Wilson, 1/9 to son John, 1/9 to son Jonas, 1 /9 to dau. Susannah, 1/9 to dau. Elizabeth; 1/9 to dau Nancy; 1/9 to dau. Mary 1/9 to be equally divided between Robert A. Uclride? and Lewis Uclride the sons of my dau. Mildred; 1/9 equ allydivided between Nancy Thomas and Fanny Thomas the children of my dau. Sarah now dec'd.
- My residue [sic] for not making my son William a legatee in my will is I have already provided for him other ways., Appoint my son James and son John to execute my will. 10 Mar 1803.
- Wit . Thomas Shelton, James D. Shelton, Alexander Kersy.
- (Signed). George (x) Addams.
- Recorded 14 Feb 1814.
- [Source: Historical Southern Families; Chapter 21; p. 119; by Bennett Boddie]