Facts and Events
Gasper Clements was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will of Gasper Clements
- Page 461.--25th May, 1813. Gasper Clemant's will--To wife, Mary; division to, viz: Christopher Clemens, John Clements, Nancy, wife to George Crawford; Catren Clements, Polly Clements, grandson, Casper Clements; to son, James. Executors, Chas Patrick, James Craig, Jr. Teste: John Conner, Sr. and Jr.; Thos Ellet Conner. Proved, 27th February, 1815. Craig qualified, and 27th March, 1815, Patrick qualifies.
Records of Gasper Clements in Augusta County, VA
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 19, 1778. - (53) Robert Keny as Captain, vice Major Alexr. Robertson; John McCune as First Lieutenant, Alexander Robertson as Second Lieutenant. Gasper Clemmonds as Ensign--recommended.
- Vol. 1 - OCTOBER 22, 1778 - (366) David Wilson recommended as Ensign in Capt. James Tate's Company, vice Alexr. Brownlee Jr., who refused to serve. George Anderson recommended an Ensign, vice Carper Clemmons, who refused to serve, in Capt. Robert Kenny's Company.
- Vol. 1 - MAY 18, 1779 - (449) Thomas Rankin recommended Captain, vice Robert Kenny; Gasper Clemmons as First Lieutenant, George Anderson as Second Lieutenant, and James Rankin as Ensign.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1793--August 26, John Ransbarger and Garsper Clements, surety. John Ransbarger and Nancy Douglas.
Information on Gasper Clements
- 6. Gaspar CLEMENTS was born about 1746 in Johnstown, Bates County, Missouri (based upon other sources, this is incorrect, and Gasper Clements was most likley born in Augusta County, Virginia). He died about Feb 27 1815 in Johnstown, Bates County, Missouri. Notes and family data are from the book "There Was A Gaspar In The Family" Vol 2 by Helen Spurlin and Mickey Martin. Contributed by The Vaught Association.
- Gaspar Clements, s/o Christian and Catherine (Vogt/Vaught) Clements was b ca 1746. Gaspar left a will dated 25 May 1813 in Rockingham Co., VA, which was proven 27 Feb 1815. Gaspar named his wife Mary and his children Christian (s/b. Christopher as stated in will), John, Nancy the wife of George Crawford, Catren, Polly and James. (source---Item 8 - Chalkley)
- Gaspar CLEMENTS and Mary had the following children:
- 27 i. Christian CLEMENTS (Note: s/b Christopher Clements, this is incorrectly linked to Gasper's father, Christian Clements on site listed below).
- 28 ii. John CLEMENTS.
- 29 iii. Nancy CLEMENTS.
- 30 iv. Catren CLEMENTS.
- 31 v. Polly CLEMENTS.
- 32 vi. James CLEMENTS.
- Source: http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mvyoung1/jpvaught/d1216.htm
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ancestry.com/Ancestry Family Trees: Public Members Trees.