Facts and Events
FRANCIS WILLIS (1689-1769)
- Born 1689, Gloucester Co., VA; died 1769, Gloucester Co., VA; son of Francis Willis and Sarah Lewis?? (See Francis Willis 1666-1719).
Married: 1) 1715, St. Paul, Covent Garden, London; Lady Anne Rich, born ca. 1690, England; died 10 June 1727, Gloucester Co., VA.; Buried Ware Parish Church, Gloucester Co., VA. Daughter of Edward Rich.
- 1. Mary Willis, born 1712, Gloucester Co., VA; died ?? Married: Lewis Burwell
- 2. Francis Willis, born 1717, Gloucester Co., VA: died 1797; Married: Elizabeth Carter
3. John Austin Willis, born 1719, Gloucester Co., VA; died 1769, Brunswick Co., VA; married: Mildred Smith
- 4. Ann Willis, born 1727, Gloucester Co., VA; died 1727. Lived 7 days; *buried with her mother in Ware Parish Church, Gloucester Co., VA.
Married: 2) Elizabeth Smith Harrison, daughter of John Smith of Purton, widow of Henry Harrison, Esq. He died 1732. – no issue.
- Notes: "Here lyeth the body of Mrs. Ann Willis the wife of Col Francis Willis who departed this life ye 10th of June, 1727 in the 32d year of her age. Also the Body of Ann Willis, daughter of ye above said, aged 7 days.
Help fund new features!