Francis M. Smith
d.3 April 1925
Facts and Events
||Francis M. Smith
||3 April 1925
||Soldiers Home, California
Civil War Service
- Private, Company D, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 29 August 1862
- Discharged 22 August 1863 on Surgeon's certificate of disability
- Also served in Company B, 22nd Ohio Infantry 2
- Application 744222; Certificate 512776
- Widow's Pension: Application: none listed
- ↑ Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- ↑ United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).